Want to add captain chairs to Yukon Short

Discussion in 'Interior' started by guesscrazy, Dec 1, 2019.

1. guesscrazy

guesscrazy TYF Newbie

Name:
    gary
    Wife wants to ditch the 2nd row bench on her 13 Yukon SLT for captain seats. Will this work? I see lots of seats for sale on EBAY and want to know if it is a direct swap and what must be replaced.

2. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    Yes, this will work. The seats will mount the same as your bench. I went the other way in our 2007 Yukon XL Denali when I put a bench seat from a Suburban LTZ in inplace if the captain seats.

Need to make sure you get seats from the same wheel base vehicle. Yukon/Tahoe/Escalade seats will not swap with Yukon XL/Suburban/Escalade ESV

The only other thing is the floor pieces that cover the floor brackets. They are different for the bench and the captain seats.

Will need to make sure the replacement seats have same options such as heated seats and power fold, if you want to keep those features.

What color seats do you have BTW? Have been various folks on here looking for bench seats from time to time. Might be able to set up a trade.

3. guesscrazy

guesscrazy TYF Newbie

Name:
    gary
    Black seats

4. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    This! ^^^ What Wade said! ^^^

Check Offer Up, FB Marketplace, CL, etc. for people looking to do the same as you but with the opposite. If you're not in a hurry, you'll find someone to swap with soon enough.

wjburken likes this.
  5. Kee Fuller

Kee Fuller Full Access Member

Name:
    Cherokee
    I did the swap. Super easy. Getting the bench out is a pain in the ass if youre doing it by yourself

PPV12HOE likes this.
  6. guesscrazy

guesscrazy TYF Newbie

Name:
    gary
    I have found alot of seats but wife wants heated seats. I cant find them with heat without power fold. My SLT doesnt have power fold but has heated bench. Will the power fold option work on my truck?

7. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    They should bolt in just fine. I believe the harness is the same but am not 100% certain. I don't think you will be able to have the power fold option functional if you don't already have it. Are you sure you don't have power fold in your vehicle already?

8. h_pipe

h_pipe TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mitch
    Hello - I have an 07 Yukon short wheel base with buckets and I cannot seem to figure out how the floor pieces that cover brackets/bolts come off. I do not want to break them. They appear to be carpet covered fiberglass or plastic. I'm afraid to just yank them if there is some sort of hidden bolt somewhere. I am in eastern PA looking to replace them with a black leather bench.
    Thank you in advance.

IMG_4540.jpg