Ventilated seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prettySUV01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never had ventilated seats. Trying to figure out if they are working correctly. I can feel the air on my back but not on my bottom. Seems like I should be feeling it in both places. Thanks

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should be coming from both places...Assuming your sticker didn't say "Ventilated Front Seat, Includes Later Retrofit" the feature should blow air both through the part you sit on and the seat back. Put it on High with the vehicle off or idling, you should hear the fan.

OP
OP
P

prettySUV01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Should be coming from both places...Assuming your sticker didn't say "Ventilated Front Seat, Includes Later Retrofit" the feature should blow air both through the part you sit on and the seat back. Put it on High with the vehicle off or idling, you should hear the fan.
Didm't say retrofit for that, only on park assist. Definitely feel the back being ventilated but will check on fan sound. Thanks

MAYukoner

Reaction score
It’ll be very noticeable when in park on high.

Lower back always feels the most for me but you can for sure fell it under your goodies and upper back

copper871

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've never had ventilated seats. Trying to figure out if they are working correctly. I can feel the air on my back but not on my bottom. Seems like I should be feeling it in both places. Thanks
In the same boat as you. Sticker said later retrofit. But salesman said it was equipped. I feel it blowing on my back but nothing on my bottom. I had a Tahoe before and you could definitely feel it blowing on both. Did you ever get anything figured out?

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be feeling both the seat and the seat back cooling right away. I live in Florida and use the seat cooling almost every day. Not all the time mind you, but at start up or when the interior has heated up while parked. I start on the high setting then go down to level 2 then level 1 as the seat cools. Anyway, definitely should be feeling both areas cool.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke to a dealer in Atlanta the other day and he said that ventilated seats were on constraint at the beginning of the MY but only for the seat bottom and not the back. It had some weird verbiage on the sticker. Maybe doublecheck the sticker?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345