Using iPod in 2015i Denali--Not working well

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I use an iPod and connect it to one of the USB ports inside the center console. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. The iPod is fully powered up. Does it matter which USB port is used? Also, sometimes the artist album picture loads on the 8" screen, sometime it doesn't (album artwork is also loaded on iPod).

I am not trying to be too picky, just trying to figure out why it works when I drive, and is nowhere to be found when I start her back up for the next ride. Anyone else, or have any suggestions? Thanks!

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah... It sucks! I can't, for the life of me, understand how GM messed up the iPod interface--It's been around for ages. My 160G classic is pretty worthless in my Denali. As a remedy, I purchased a 64G SD card, which is much more compatible and reliable w/ the intellilink

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, great to know. I thought the SD cards were just for pictures...I am not that old either. Learn something new everyday. Thanks!

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the USB behind the screen? I've had my iPod classic there since day one and it seems to work good for me. Although I don't use mine everyday just on occasion. A couple of times it did take a few minutes to load up.

ScottV503

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^I've had decent success connecting my iPod behind the screen as well.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the USB behind the screen? I've had my iPod classic there since day one and it seems to work good for me. Although I don't use mine everyday just on occasion. A couple of times it did take a few minutes to load up.

I think it's the updated software in the "i" models... I had an SLT loaner while I was waiting for my vehicle to arrive, and it had no issues. I've connected it all over the vehicle with the same results.

OP
OP
JasonDenali15

JasonDenali15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I agree, Rush. My first 2015 Denali loaded and worked well. My 2015i has not worked as nicely with the iPod. I will try behind the screen next.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can second the use of an SD card. You can get one relatively cheap and I was able to simply copy my iTunes music to it (after giving it a FAT32 formatting) and it plays wonderfully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmt800