US website forbidden to foreigners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
Djeezzz.
I was watching a video from LSXMatt about swapping the leather/vinyl cover of his seats and wanna check about https://www.theseatshop.com/

It's like TYF. I can not access this forum or the seat shop from my regular browser.
I must use a VPN with an american IP or I cannot have access granted.

What's happening?

www.theseatshop.com -
Access Denied

Error code 16
This request was blocked by the security rules

2020-09-17 20:56:56 UTC
  • Your IPxx.***.xx.***
  • |Proxy IPxxx.***.***.xx(ID xxxxxx-***)
Incident ID: 1175000130103555493-378103670704112459

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, it would be insane for them to block you -- they are not selling anything illegal to export. Likely something along the way is blocking you. And it is also possible that the path to your VPN and then to them is clear. I've trouble shot stuff like this for a living. If you want some more help, PM me, and I'll do what I can.

Good luck, in any case.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe someone from France was spamming there site so they blocked a certain range, can you access it from your smart phone or another device?

OP
OP
Tom Joad

Tom Joad

French V8 lover.
Reaction score
maybe someone from France was spamming there site so they blocked a certain range, can you access it from your smart phone or another device?
I'm currently at work and I can acess to TYF but still can not access to the seatshop. I'm running through the VPN of the company which locate us in another part of the country.

Covid safety measures. Try putting a mask on and refreshing the page.
Thanks for the laugh. XD

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm currently at work and I can acess to TYF but still can not access to the seatshop. I'm running through the VPN of the company which locate us in another part of the country.

Thanks for the laugh. XD
Are you sure your work isn't blocking you?

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
S33k33r : I don't think so. Work network alows me to come here without any VPN. It should work wih the seat shop as well.
Sites get blocked for the silliest of reasons. If you are familiar with any networking tools, try a tracert (windows) from your machine, off the vPN, to the seat shop and see where the probe gets blocked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345