Upgrading Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17suburbanpremier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,
I have a 2017 Tahoe; wondering if it's possible or if anyone has upgraded seats to the 2021 seats with built in Back Seat Entertainment (BSE)?

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not going to work. Seat frames are totally different, airbags different, seat belts different, connectors different.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, with a lot of work you might be able to make them fit, but to make them work as intended you'd be in for a whole lot of hurt. The mechanical stuff is easy. Getting all the software to work is the problem. You'd need access to inner workings of all the necessary modules and stuff and I'm pretty sure that ain't easy.

But, if you embark on that journey, remember to keep us updated.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t even think it would be “easy” to physically put them in. The new seats are held in with 4 bolts and the old ones are two bolts in the rear and hooks in the front.

OP
OP

17suburbanpremier

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks; thought i would ask; may just pursue external monitors to mount to head rest; however, that comes with headaches of its own.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t even think it would be “easy” to physically put them in. The new seats are held in with 4 bolts and the old ones are two bolts in the rear and hooks in the front.

Well, yeah... Guess I should've said easier. :D One can always fabricate brackets to make them work. But the software stuff? Good luck with that. :eek:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks; thought i would ask; may just pursue external monitors to mount to head rest; however, that comes with headaches of its own.
Monitors in the headrest's are easy. huge variety to choose from and all you have to wiring wise is 4 wires per headrest, the wires just go inside the seat cover and down to the floor and to the headunit (presuming you already have some form of rse), some even come with covers so they are hidden from view when not in use. you can get them with there own inputs or play media files from sd cards, android built in, you name it

SoMd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The monitors would be nice... The ability to slide the second row would be 10 times better for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645