Under Carriage Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh so just using the rust neutralizer would do the trick? I guess I got pretty lucky with my hoe, Its a 96 and doesnt have half the rust that the thread starters hoe had.

OP
OP
J

jwhite0109

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did I title search and found out the truck is from Iowa origanally.Explains the rust. I pick it up in the morning cant wait. I have always wanted a 2 door. I will be sure to post pictures, she is clean and the rust seems to be the only prob. Thanks for the info.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing from Rustoleum, Krylon or Duplicolor works like POR15. Rubber undercoating spray just covers it, nothing else. Been there, done that on many cars when I lived up in the northern states. You want to do it once and forget it....spend the money on the POR15.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completely agree with Jim! The stuff just can't be beat to do the job once and be done!! :waytogo:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
ive always had bad luck with POR15.. shit always flakes off like a damn snake. You can literally peel it off in huge pieces. Por15 clogs and blocks all the nuts and bolts, then everything ends up stripping and ahh god its terrible.

Ive been using the Rustoleum rubberized coating crap you can buy anywhere.. walmart like 3bucks a can or something. looks good, dries slow as **** tho.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you apply Metal Ready prior to applying the por15? If you don't it can cause the peeling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019