TYC HIDS. with pics, I creamed!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Good day sir!

So the group buy isn't happening.....and the ebay guy and the hirheadlights.com are the same sellers?

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea.. you can tell, he has the same exact info in both websites and what not.. poop.. unless you guys wanna try.. idccc

Lifted99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know adding an HID kit is not hard. I have done it many times.

Your post came off as cross because you were defensively mocking how you think that your cheap 50 dollar HID kit is the same as a much better quality HId system.

What I am saying is most people are turned off by running wires and what not. So the fact that someone makes a kit where its no harder than plugging the stock plug in to a female end much like the stock bulb. Makes it all the better

I dont do shit for assholes.

I never said my HID's were any better. Just a simple reply. It's great they came out with it, amazing, simple.

I never came off being an *******. Don't know where you came up with that.

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
from that HIR guy...

Of course I can do something for you; I already have the lowest prices available on the bulbs, and I have them in stock. I encourage you to buy as many as you like.

I just looked at your forum; allow me to make a couple of observations. Neither HID retrofit kits nor HIR bulbs are technically DOT "legal" in your cars; only 9005s and 9006s are. It is an accident of the way the regulations were written that the HIRs can be used in the 900X housings. When you do put the HIRs in your 9000 housings, the filament is in exactly the same location as stock and it's oriented in the same direction, so the light pattern is identical, just brighter. It's a matter of DOT definition that the HIR bulbs are much brighter than the 900X bulbs, not just the manufacturer's say-so; it's defined in FMVSS 105 or 108. The HIRs are stock on some cars, and they're legal because they came in housings that were approved for them. Anything you do that changes the OEM specs is "illegal", but there are no DOT police out there busting violators. HID retrofit kits put the plasma arc in various locations that are NOT where the stock filaments were; your light pattern will be different, tho they're undeniably bright. The only legal retrofit HIDs would be part of a full retrofit housing assembly designed for the HID bulbs. Valeo/Sylvania makes them for the Chevy side:

http://www.xesighting.com/index1.html

I don't know of any for the GMC models. Those are the only ones I know of that have DOT markings. As a practical matter, tho, who cares? Junk HID kits are so cheap now that they're all over the place, good light or not.

Like I said, the Denali housings have four high beams in them, and can take four HIR9011s. They have projector-beam lows, and regular housings have reflector lows. You can also do a hi-lo conversion and run high beam bulbs in your low sockets on the non-Denali lights, but I only recommend it on projectors; you'll probably get a lot of glare with reflectors. If anyone is curious, here's how:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha nice... so are these going to work right or not?

haven't ordered mine yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gradymossx4