Transmission shifting weird issue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
That sounds more like a torque control clutch apply or electronic pressure control solenoid acting up. Get a code scan going. There are codes on the tranny that will not initiate a CEL activation. There might be some clues there.

insadj05

Reaction score
Ok, Thanks. I will get that done today. I drove it 180 miles yesterday afternoon and it didn't do any hard shifting at all. Though still had the issue at 70 with the switching from 2100 to 1900 on the tach.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
foot on the pedal never moved while it was doing that? small chance your brake switch is acting up. Almost verified if cruise control acts up too.

insadj05

Reaction score
Scan Code

Talked to mechanic today. He said when we were scanning for codes when I was first going to replace the fuel spider, he had a brake rear brake light or something like that code come up that. Could that be the same thing were looking at here? Can't remember what code it was.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am experiencing odd revving when Im at freeway speeds. it goes between 1900 and 2100 rpm and goes back and forth in there... like its searching around.

It all started with my cruise kicking out all on its own..

Time to dust this thread off!

I'm experiencing the same symptoms now, intermittently, with my 99 Tahoe which has 136,000 miles. Question for those who have replaced that switch, how do you physically get to it?!

I just tried to see where that switch is and what might be involved in getting to it. Looking at it from the accelerator pedal side, it seems inaccessible. Do you access it from the left or the right side beneath the dash and are you removing any other components to gain some room?

I'm a bigger guy and just trying to position myself under the dash is almost impossible. Wondering if I'm going to have to pay someone, someone much smaller, to do this..

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Time to dust this thread off!

I'm experiencing the same symptoms now, intermittently, with my 99 Tahoe which has 136,000 miles. Question for those who have replaced that switch, how do you physically get to it?!

I just tried to see where that switch is and what might be involved in getting to it. Looking at it from the accelerator pedal side, it seems inaccessible. Do you access it from the left or the right side beneath the dash and are you removing any other components to gain some room?

I'm a bigger guy and just trying to position myself under the dash is almost impossible. Wondering if I'm going to have to pay someone, someone much smaller, to do this..

you access it any way you can get your hands to bend in there. you should not have to remove anything. You might try laying across the entire floor of cab to get comfortable. if you are to big then you may need someone who is smaller. perhaps removing the seats and console will allow you to fit with ease.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 AM ----------

SunlitComet is really a 4 foot tall green man with pointy ears and walks around with a cain
and speaks in a reverse sentece structure

Actually .66 meters. check the databank.

Grimace

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
OK quick question for the group. I just did a standard tune up (plugs, wires, filters, etc) and when I went to test, my check engine light popped on. My 1999 Tahoe is hesitating when I step on it and took it down for a code check. I got an O2 sensor, bank 2, sensor 2 code, a left front speed sensor code, and a torque converter brake switch code. Would any (if not all) of these be causing my hesitation issue? Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts