Transmission possibly slipping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel sending unit is the fuel pump. Just the official name for it. The 2 steel lines that come out of the top of the unit in the gas tank were rusty and had a small leak.
I will get it into a transmission shop to have them check out the transmission.
Coolant leak was found to be one of the T fittings at the firewall. Just need to replace it now.

Thank you for all your replies everyone. I thought after 6 weeks of no answers that this was going to be a dead thread!
sometimes if the forum is busy a new post can get pushed down the list pretty quickly and get overlooked, when you click on "what's new" it only shows the first maybe 20 post's or so and that can get knocked down quickly so unless some one is purposely looking in different sections a post can just never get seen. In the future if you get no responses to a post just go in and make a bump post and that will put it back up to the top again.
**those technical terms are tricky :think: we're just laymen mostly lol

Enoob

Reaction score
I have the same year Yukon and after some moderate engine work, I noticed a leak from that part as well. I had an odor for a while, but finally leaked enough to notice the location. When disconnecting it, I had about a cup of fluid. If it is the clear one, it is easier to access it by removing the hoses from the black T first.

I've gone through two transmissions, one under warranty after the first replacement. When doing my other engine work, I disconnected the transmissions lines from the radiator. I noticed shavings in the radiator port. Not much confidence in the GM dealer that replaced the tranny as they were to flush the lines. Maybe they did. I would be sure to check things thoroughly. I replaced the radiator with an upgrade and changed the lines to be safe. There is a lot of advice in this forum on the trannys in this vehicle. Good luck.

You are at about the mileage where I started to have leaks in valley pan and head area. Ended up having a lifter collapse at about 180k and decided to do a top end overhaul. If you have not deleted the AFM, you are at about the time that most see problems.