Transmission Oil Pan with Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nick0789

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out this morning to do a drain & fill on my 2005 Tahoe (Z71 if that matters) and noticed that the pan didn’t have a drain plug. Go figure.

What do you all recommend for a replacement pan that has a drain plug? I’ve read that some people use the Silverado pans because they are deeper and have the plug, but haven’t found a consensus on the topic, or any direct part numbers.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out this morning to do a drain & fill on my 2005 Tahoe (Z71 if that matters) and noticed that the pan didn’t have a drain plug. Go figure.

What do you all recommend for a replacement pan that has a drain plug? I’ve read that some people use the Silverado pans because they are deeper and have the plug, but haven’t found a consensus on the topic, or any direct part numbers.

This one from RockAuto appears to be what you’re looking for. Someone else was looking for this just yesterday I think.
DC8B520F-D9F8-46C0-9152-EC82C7BFE6DB.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Luckily my 2002 has the deep pan from the factory with the drain plug. What was it that determined whether a rig got the shallow pan with no drain plug or the deep pan with the drain plug?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullyfiberchick