Transfer case oil change question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewder

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but let's say I'm asking for a friend.. yeah that's it. ;)

We recently had the torque converter replaced in our 2017 Tahoe.. It has 48k miles on it. As additional preventative maintenance, I want the rear diff oil changed.. I was going to also ask the dealer to change the transfer case oil... Would the transfer case oil have already been replaced when they did the torque converter?

//Brew

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but let's say I'm asking for a friend.. yeah that's it. ;)

We recently had the torque converter replaced in our 2017 Tahoe.. It has 48k miles on it. As additional preventative maintenance, I want the rear diff oil changed.. I was going to also ask the dealer to change the transfer case oil... Would the transfer case oil have already been replaced when they did the torque converter?

//Brew
I would doubt it. It is a separate unit but you should check the service ticket and see what it says.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

//Brew
Not unless you paid for it and it shows on the receipt. Change all your driveline fluids.

mjgirard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I change my oil on my 2001 Tahoe every 3000 miles or less depending if we are going on vacation or staying home.
It costs me $50 for oil and K&N filter at the auto parts stores sales. I am not concerned with the money I just do it myself because I know it is done right and saves me time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz