transfer case bolt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will want to get that bolt drilled out, re-thread if needed and replaced with new bolts. Like sunlit said, keep the pan on so metal shavings do not enter the transmission.

What were you doing that you had to touch the pan bolts? Other than service on the transmission (filter/fluid change or internal work) I can't see a reason to be messing with them.

I don't recommend driving it until you fix it, but I've also had cars at work where trans-pan bolts were missing. No signs of fluid loss, so I just installed new bolts and called it good. Would I run it like that on my own truck, nope. Not a chance. But you could if you had too I suppose

Bolt size will be something around a 10-15mm. I don't know for sure, my guess is 13mm. I looked up torque spec's on global connect, 7-10lb ft's

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got a new bolt and the old one broken off at the head of the bolt it's still holding up well an as far as driving it I have no choice I don't have another car

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Thank you for the torque specs +1

OP
OP
R

roc187

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update I hollowed the old bolt out and stuck a flat head screw driver in it and turned it right out :) worked great thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv