Trade my buckets for your bench seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6PackDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

We are expecting out 6th child and I'm not ready to get a church bus just yet! I have a 2012 Yukon XL Denali with black leather interior. I'm looking to trade my 2nd row captains chairs for a 2nd row bench so we all still fit. Any takers or advice on how to pull this off?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapping buckets for bench is very easy. It is possible to do by yourself, but having an extra set of hands is best. The bench seat sections bolt onto the same bolts as the bench seats. Make sure you swap the floor panels that sit around the seats as they are not the same.

I did the same swap in my '07 XL Denali. Ended up buying a bench seat off of eBay from a place out of Stephenville, TX then sold my buckets to a guy out in California.

OP
OP

6PackDad

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement and heads up on the floor panels. I'll make sure I swap those too if I can pull off a trade. If I can't trade, I'll go your route and buy/sell. I've got until late February, but want to start looking now so I'm not scrambling later. Are there any other websites you recommend to post on? This place seems pretty active, so this might be all I need.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are there any other websites you recommend to post on?

I am not active on any other sites, just here. Might check out the classified section of this site.

As for the growing family, I only have 4 but definitely love the size and room in the XL/Suburban body. My wife likes driving around in her UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle) our '13 XL Denali is the 4th vehicle of this body type we have had.

One interesting thing to note is we had bench seats in our '07 and '08 XL Denali's but went have buckets in our '13 and my 11 year old daughter who usually rides in the 3rd row said it was easier to hear my wife and I with the buckets versus the bench seat in the 2nd row.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you end up going the eBay route, it looks like you are going to be in the $1000 +/- range. These do not show the floor covers so you would need to inquire. In my '07, the passenger side bucket cover worked and we just lived with the drivers side being exposed since that is the wider section and we typically didn't fold that forward as that is the section that had the LATCH connections for car seats.

2007-2014 Suburban Yukon XL Denali XL Escalade ESV Second Row Bench Seat...
2007-2014 SUBURBAN ESCALADE ESV YUKON XL 2ND SECOND ROW BENCH SEAT

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing you need to watch out for is I do not think seats from a Yukon/Tahoe will fit in a Yukon XL/Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
champion313