Traction Assist is DEAD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '02 Tahoe has Traction Assist. But it hasn't worked since I got it. I mean it is dead as a door nail. No lights no nothing. Is there a fuse for it that is not labeled as such? I recently had the ABS module redone and it is now working.

I had my tranny checked out recently and they said I had some stored codes. They are:
P1571 TCS PWM Circuit No Frequency and
P1689 Delivered Torque Circuit Fault.
These are stored - not active faults. Could they have anything to do w/ the Traction Assist?

I'm trying save this old girl but every time I turn around its something else.

retiredsparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the problem is as simple as changing out the speed sensors-no frequency can mean no signal received from the sensors-I believe they are located on the transfer case-left and right.

Have you tried to have the faults cleared?

There are many GM products with service TPMS tire pressure monitoring system. This means the in-tire sensors have failed-the batteries die after 5-10 years. Replace the sensors with new, problem usually resolved.

My point being that vehicles have cheap, cheaper and cheapest parts. The sensors are the cheapest and get very little if any quality assurance during manufacture. So replace the cheapest parts first. They often fail first. That was probably the source of your ABS problem.

OP
OP
bldn10

bldn10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ABS was fixed by having the module serviced. I think it may be the same component that controls the Traction Assist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667