TPMS only reading 15lbs... Help please...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, since I bought my Escalade the TPMS light has been on. We've (Father and I and my fathers a mechanic) tried resetting all the sensors. We heard the horn honk and all was well. However. the light came right back on. We hooked it up to a scanner, and the scanner sees all 4 sensors (even gives us their serial numbers), but it shows on 15lbs in each wheel, no matter how much pressure is in the tire. We tried raising and lowering the pressure and it still read 15lbs.

Can the sensors be reset? Are they just bad and need to all be replaced?

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Nathan

Last edited:

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
The two rear ride control arms could of come off, their clips and just needed to be snapped into place. Those arms tell the compressor how much air to put in out and are located on the right side of the wheel well I would check to see that those are connected because its in easy fix with some pliers just pop them back on.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
The two rear ride control arms could of come off, their clips and just needed to be snapped into place. Those arms tell the compressor how much air to put in out and are located on the right side of the wheel well I would check to see that those are connected because its in easy fix with some pliers just pop them back on.

the tpms are installed in the wheels....they don't have anything to do with the ride control system...fyi.

I had a TPMS that would read erratic. I just bit the bullet and had a new one installed and all is good. The shop could read/scan it without any issues, but it just wouldn't read the right pressure. Found out the previous owner had used a can of fix o flat in that wheel and that was what clogged the TPMS.

Pat

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
TPMS Sensors are GIANT pieces of shit! IMHO! I stopped trying to fix mine after my truck was in and out of the wheel and tire shop 5 times in one month and one of the mechanics dropped one of my rims and put 2 huge dents in the lip! $550 dollar **** Up! Never again will i mess with TPMS! I just removed the light bulb from the dash board!!! My .02!

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
TPMS Sensors are GIANT pieces of shit! IMHO! I stopped trying to fix mine after my truck was in and out of the wheel and tire shop 5 times in one month and one of the mechanics dropped one of my rims and put 2 huge dents in the lip! $550 dollar **** Up! Never again will i mess with TPMS! I just removed the light bulb from the dash board!!! My .02!

With DIC it's not that simple...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Its the Driver information center, on newer models it reads and displays a light. So if you pull the light bulb, the other will still be there.
TPMS may be a pain but itd really conveniant.

BlackDenali

Roof Rack ****
Reaction score
I have an '04 denali and my tire pressure light doesn't come on at all...only the "check tire pressure" warning when I start the truck!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh then you have DIC, its what mine does too;

OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I click the message off of the DIC everytime I get in the truck, but the warning light stays on. I guess I'll have to get a new sensor and see if that solves the problem. If so, guess I'll have to swap out all 4

just weird that all 4 could be bad...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts