Tow hook mod FINALLY complete / Instructions & Pics (Pic Heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what side can you install a tow hook "1" if indeed you have acc future ?

lghtngyello03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks awesome. So with the active cruise it will interfere with the sensors?? Really want to do this on my Wife's Yukon. Would look much nicer.

nyc7708ems

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
a
Hosseface... LOOKS GREAT! I'm a chrome guy too, especially on the Denali.

Darn, wanted to do this, but I have ACC. I used my hooks on all three of the last Yukons I had too...

SIDE NOTE: We went to get a Christmas tree this past weekend, and realized that there are no roof crossbars either. AND, to top it off, the roof rails are completely enclosed, meaning you cant get a tie down or a bungie to attach anywhere up there...
actually from what I read about the yukons with ACC you can add 1 tow hook you can't have both.

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well - weeks later than anticipated, thanks to several parts delays, the tow hook mod is FINALLY finished.

You do NOT have to remove the front bumper to do this. All you need is the tow hook package, which includes 2 hooks and the hardware, and the lower fascia panel with the holes in it.

It took me about an hour to do. Here's a how-to if anyone else wants to do this mod. I am a chrome guy, especially on a Denali, and I really think they turned out nice.

#1 - Run masking tape around every piece you are going to be removing to keep from scratching your bumper cover.

#2 - Remove the chrome fog light bezels. They just have one inboard plastic clip that needs to be released. It is on the inboard side of the trim - where it snaps through the fascia. There is one small 7 mm bolt behind them that mounts the bezel to the fog light. After the clip is removed and the bolt is removed, the chrome bezel just pops right out.

#3 - Remove 4 clips from the fascia. It has a white clip in each corner - top and bottom. Just push the button on the clip to release it and push it out with a pick or a pocket screwdriver.

#4 - Remove the fascia. All that is left is just plastic clips. No need to wrestle the clips - I just man handled mine and ripped it out. Start at one of the edges behind the fog light bezel and start pulling.

#5 - Mount the tow hooks. 2 bolts per side. Slope of tow hooks goes down towards the front of the truck. 18mm bolt heads/nuts

#6 - Rub dielectric grease over the plastic clips on the new fascia. That will allow the clips to pop right in. (The original fascia clips are VERY stubborn to get out) The grease allows them to guide right in. BE CAREFUL!! Make sure and guide each clip into the hole on the front bumper cover with a small pocket screwdriver or trim tool.

#7 - Snap back in the fog light bezels.

#8 - Replace the 6 clips you removed - 2 from the fog light bezels and 4 from the lower fascia.

#9 - Enjoy.

Notes:
* Granted this was using a lift. Without a lift, it would probably be a PITA unless you have some pretty tall ramps or a jack and some jack stands.

* If you have ACC - don't waste your time. You can only install 1 tow hook and I think it would look ridiculous. Any Tahoe or Yukon without ACC - this is a go.

Part numbers you will need:
- Chrome tow hooks 22903516
- Yukon lower fascia WITHOUT ACC 22936425
- Tahoe/Suburban lower fascia WITHOUT ACC 22936496

View attachment 30160

View attachment 30161

View attachment 30162

View attachment 30163

View attachment 30164
Do you happen to know what side you can do to if you have that adaptive cruise control?

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this one back. Has anyone looked at relocating the acc module to the center? I don't have a front license plate so looking at moving it there so I can add tow hooks.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this one back. Has anyone looked at relocating the acc module to the center? I don't have a front license plate so looking at moving it there so I can add tow hooks.
I put a push bar on mine and i am looking for ideas as well. I think we need a harness extension i wonder if cmatt on here can make one so we can relocate the ACC radar senor

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my parts in today for this... when I was driving into the lot I noticed all the Sierras have a plastic/rubber like shield that fits snug around the tow hook and sits flush behind the new bumper cover (with the tow hook holes). Did you get that with yours or just left holes open? I asked the parts guys and they couldn't even locate the part in question using the sierra pick up. with snow and ice up north,, would like to cover that hole and guess going to make one from scratch using the old bumper panel or something soft and pliable...

I'd like to know as well. Through my research, I know what you are talking about with the trucks.