Touchscreen secondary laptop screen as a headunit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to thinking... I've seen secondary screens that link to a laptop via USB cables, they can both mimic the screen displayed or be used as a second screen. Now, I've also seen them as being touchscreen, too.

Since I mostly use my phone as my music source, can a touchscreen secondary screen mimic the display on my phone? Could I pick up a 15" touchscreen display, and mount it in/on my dash, so that I can control the contents of my phone from there? Essentially, it would be a super-oversized IPad, but without its own processor. I'd run my phone through Bluetooth to my radio, and control the volume with the steering wheel controls...

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re on an apple device. You’re easiest solution would be to just get an ipad and run your hotspot to it…

I’m unsure of android though. But I do know that android if definitely more of an open source with tons of modifications out there that could make this possible. Apple on the other hand is pretty limited to its open source capabilities.. even their jailbreak community has pretty much died out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269