Torsion Keys Adjustment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I am laying on my back head at the rear of the vehicle which way do I turn the bolts to raise the fornt end back up. I put my new 2-3 Belltech kit on and haven't changed the keys out yet. First I want to see if I can raise the ones that are already installed. I had 3-4 Ground Force kit but I am going to a 2-3 Belltech with factory air ride shocks because the 3-4 with the KYB Mono Shocks sucked. It is better now with the shock extenders installed with the Belltech Coils but I still don't like it. My new Bilsteins come in tomorrow if it doesn't do any better I will be buying all new Air Ride Factory stuff and put them on and sell all the new shocks and the 3-4 Ground Force Kit.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Righty tighty
Lefty loosey

tighter = more tension = higher ride height and stiffer front end.

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So going to the right tightens and raises it....good I will try it tomorrow. Hopefully I shouldn't have to use the new keys since it already has the ground force set installed.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you do it, you need to have tape measured your ride height at every corner, and have about 1/2 a tank of fuel on board.

then you have to drive it around for a minute or two for the suspension to change to the new height.

remeasure

readjust

drive again.

You can crank extra on the front left bar to get rid of the chevy lean.

Why did Obama Bailout Chevrolet?
They lean to the left.

Why didn't Obama Bail out Ford?
Ford was a Republican.

:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help Eagle...I hope the Bilsteins make a difference. I like the look of the 3-4 but I just don't care for the ride. Its gotten better but still...gonna do the Bilsteins this week and add the helper bags before I go back to the air ride. Just getting tired of messing with it.

tom q

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I simply turn the bolt clockwise to raise the front or do I need all the C-clamp, etc stuff?

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I simply turn the bolt clockwise to raise the front or do I need all the C-clamp, etc stuff?

Good question? I did a search but didn't find anything for adjustment...

FLHOE

Reaction score
I am also adjusting new keys that I just installed. I have been taking some of the pressure off the bars by raising the front tire off the ground before turning the bolt.

I did the righty tighty and the heigth went down?? Just to confirm, if almost the entire bolt is adjusted in, i.e. 2 threads between the head of the bolt and the bracket, that is basically the highest ride heigth.