Torsion Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
junk yard... $100 per side $150 for both is a steal

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Be careful....most totals involve major front end or frame damage. That could lead to a bent one.

They're $176 ea from gm I think. I would go new but that's me. The older the truck and the more mileage, the more wear there is on them from weight fatigue.

B

OP
OP
ayeplussjr

ayeplussjr

Reaction score

How about a brand new set? My front end is sagging a bit after I leveled my Tahoe. The shop that put on my leveling kit cranked the tbars a bit so it didn't look too bad, but I'd rather have a new set of tbars.

Be careful....most totals involve major front end or frame damage. That could lead to a bent one.

They're $176 ea from gm I think. I would go new but that's me. The older the truck and the more mileage, the more wear there is on them from weight fatigue.

B

I called the chevy dealer and they're charging 323.00 each. I don't want to go used either, just trying to find something cheaper out there.

Last edited:

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats MSRP dude! What a rip. GMPartsdirect.com has them for $191 each. This is the route I'll probably be going.

TheFuzz

Idiot Police
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shipping will probably be astronomical on those things, they are heavy bastards. But such is life. Putting a bent one on from a junkyard would be a nightmare...better to get them brand new and know they are true and un-fatigued.

pmbiker

Reaction score
I work at the GM truck plant. They don't go on the trucks anymore but we use them as makeshift weight bars. Load up a few keys on each end and curl/press, whatever. Hard to believe what they cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts