To lower or no to lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savila1021

Reaction score
O here we go again. Plans to keep the Tahoe stock have failed. A buddies audio store is hooking up a killer system from top to bottom on the Tahoe. So what good is it if it looks stock :/

Now I have 2 routes to go, I have a old Isuzu pup to be bagged and completely re done. Or lower and hook up the Tahoe. Problem is I had a 08 silverado I lowered 4/7 with 26s and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. So I'm stuck if I should or not lower the Tahoe. Plan is to do 24s with a 305 and powder coat them white. All white no chrome. And do a 2/3 or 3/5. The Tahoe has 26k miles and I'm scared I'm gonna screw it up. Did any of you guys have a problem when lowering? Am I going to have to cut or remove wheel lining and most important will it screw up the truck ? I live in between ATX and San Antonio and have no one reliable to lower the truck correctly. Does any body know a shop or a member on here that can help with a lil cash money for motivation.

Help guys please. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342143239.670777.jpg

Has the 4 high option and I think it has autoride. Loud compressor kicks on when I turn on for a minute or two.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get with Modded and NorcalSS. Modded has used just about every component available at one time or another and NorcalSS sells just about everything. Both are valuable resources when trying to lower your truck.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just a heads up on the 2 kits that i would use

2/3-4
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

or 3/5+
http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=140

Now make sure to disconnect the lines on the frame in rear or you will snap them and dash will light up. Also in front make sure to do the same and keep eye out on the abs cable etc so you dont break the line. The kits are very easy to install just as with anything electrical make sure to check all connections that they are loose when you pull it apart or you will damame a line

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they said^^^^^^

I inadvertently disconnected my ABS lines on my frame when installing rear shocks. They are the ones atop the frame above the spare tire area. Little buggars.

OP
OP
savila1021

savila1021

Reaction score
Heck yeah thanks guys. Got someone to buy the mini truck. So next is getting the Tahoe lowered.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know... you did ask guys who lowered their trucks if you should lower yours....... What did you expect?

g35kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey norcal ss that link that you posted for 2/3-4 for 525 is the only thing you would need to buy to lower a 2012 tahoe lt