Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Majicman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows my options for an all terrain tire on my 16 yukon xl denali. 22" rims. Belle is telling me the only tire they can offer is the at3. Not opposed to going larger if there is no rub, but not sure I want to do much to the suspension as a lift.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I can't help you on an all terrain tire recommendation, but other folks will chime in for sure. For a road tire, Michelin Defenders are a favorite on this Forum, but of course, not the only option.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Curious if anyone knows my options for an all terrain tire on my 16 yukon xl denali. 22" rims. Belle is telling me the only tire they can offer is the at3. Not opposed to going larger if there is no rub, but not sure I want to do much to the suspension as a lift.
Toyo AT3's and AT2's have a pretty good reputation. There's one guy on here that said he got almost 100K out of his set so that says allot about them.

There's allot of good All terrains from a plethora of Manufacturers, so it just depends on what you want out of the tire and what your budget is.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am getting ready to do the AT3 from TOYO, 285/55/22 in my case.

i have ran 3-4 sets of the AT2, and 70K plus is an easy number to get from these tires.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Oops...didn’t notice you’re looking for All Terrain...the above are All Season. In that case....what everyone else said. ;)

OP
OP
Majicman

Majicman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20200813_181411.jpg 20200807_153522.jpg
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

I can't help you on an all terrain tire recommendation, but other folks will chime in for sure. For a road tire, Michelin Defenders are a favorite on this Forum, but of course, not the only option.

OP
OP
Majicman

Majicman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so update on the situation...the reason I was at belle tire in the first place, I had a slow leak and thought I had picked up a nail. They said it was a leaky valve stem. 2 days later still losing air so I go back. Turns out they fixed the wrong tire and the tire that was leaking wasn't the tire at all but a small crack in the rim.

Long story long im gonna get 4 new rims and go down a size from 22" to 20" for 2 reasons. 1) more sidewall less chance to mess a rim up again 2) I can get the tires I want in a 20" (bf Goodrich ko2)

Now I just need to figure out how to pick out rims. I thought I figured out which ones but now I'm not sure they will work. First time ever buying rims so I'm learning as I go. The ones I found were "Fuel Blitz d674". Can anyone tell me if I can get away with these without fn up my car?20201116_082753.jpg 20201116_083114.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding wheel/tire combinations that will fit your truck without rubbing, no 2 trucks and their suspensions are exactly alike, due to a number of factors including accumulated wear on the suspension components, so there is no guarantee that what fits with no rubbing on one truck will automatically fit with no rubbing on your truck. Other folks' experiences can guide you in one direction or another, but the final test will be when you mount the wheel/tire combination on your own truck.

To assist you in getting a good idea on whether or not specific alternate wheel/tire combinations 'may' fit your truck with no rubbing, I recommend that you use the wheel/tire comparison app at the URL listed below. You can use this app starting with your existing wheel/tire combination as a benchmark, assuming that there are currently no rubbing issues with it, and measure the actual critical fender and suspension component clearances as directed by this app. Then, you can enter alternate wheel/tire combinations, and this app will give you the projected changes in these critical fender and suspension component clearances.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

I used this app for determining whether on not I could use my current alternate wheel/tire combination, and it accurately projected the changes in critical clearances. Again, the use of this app in not an absolute guarantee that an alternate wheel/tire combination will fit without rubbing, but it provides a much better assessment, or projection, than simply an educated guess on your part, or a statement from others that it worked on a truck other than yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr

Latest posts