Tires??!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2016 Yukon came OEM with Continental 275/55 -20's. We went to the Goodyear Eagle GS-2 in the same size and I could bet you the tread on the Eagles are at least 1.5" wider than the Continentals were...much better ride and handling also. We have 22K miles on a set of 4 now with 9/32 tread depth still. These tires will go 60K miles easy the way we drive and rotate. Run 35 PSI and move them every 5K miles with good alignment and you are good to go. If you go any larger and change your overall gear ratio you will be sorry...truck just won't run as good.

Tonyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 stock GMC Yukon SLT with 20 inch wheels 4 x 4 .. It’s time for new tires and I’m really wanting the nitro terra grappler G2s. What’s the biggest size I can do with no modifications(due to my husband saying no‍♀️)
Just curious if you decided to go with the G2’s. If so what size? I would like to put them on my 17 Tahoe. Thanks

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With inspiration from JennaBear and others (Thank You!), I finally got around to upgrading my GMC OEM rims about a 2 years ago from the factory (first pic), to some American Racing gloss black milled 22x9 +30 offset AR916 rims. Also went with some 33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with a Rough Country 2 inch lift on the front (essentially the back remains technically 1/2 inch higher).

Loved how they turned out, and so far no rubbing (initially tried some Dropstars 654bm’s with a -25 offset, don’t do it, it is too wide, and I would be afraid going any wider than a +15 offset with this tire) and the ride is great and just as quiet as before. New specs are below...

-2016 Yukon XL SLT (Iridium Metallic)
-22x9 (+30 Offset) AR916 Gloss Black Milled Rims
-33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-Upgraded Factory Chrome Grill
-Upgraded to Denali Handles
-Upgraded to Denali Chrome Bumper
-Upgraded Tyger Chrome Roof Rack Molding Trim
-Upgraded Putco Chrome Back Door Molding Accents

YKN_Old_Right.jpg YKN_New_Right.jpg YKN_New_Tires.jpg

Tonyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
With inspiration from JennaBear and others (Thank You!), I finally got around to upgrading my GMC OEM rims about a 2 years ago from the factory (first pic), to some American Racing gloss black milled 22x9 +30 offset AR916 rims. Also went with some 33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with a Rough Country 2 inch lift on the front (essentially the back remains technically 1/2 inch higher).

Loved how they turned out, and so far no rubbing (initially tried some Dropstars 654bm’s with a -25 offset, don’t do it, it is too wide, and I would be afraid going any wider than a +15 offset with this tire) and the ride is great and just as quiet as before. New specs are below...

-2016 Yukon XL SLT (Iridium Metallic)
-22x9 (+30 Offset) AR916 Gloss Black Milled Rims
-33x12.5R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
-Upgraded Factory Chrome Grill
-Upgraded to Denali Handles
-Upgraded to Denali Chrome Bumper
-Upgraded Tyger Chrome Roof Rack Molding Trim
-Upgraded Putco Chrome Back Door Molding Accents

View attachment 229787 View attachment 229788 View attachment 229789
That looks great!! I ended up going with the terra grapplers I went with 285’s just to make it look a little better. I haven’t installed them yet I’m hoping that I’ll be as satisfied as you were with the ridge grapplers.

1B8EE36E-CB0A-4CBD-9F03-713FD449CFBF.jpeg

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some Michelle defenders and WOW, night and day difference.

Sad I had to spend $ and replace the 6k Bridgestone tires

tmarzetta

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That looks great!! I ended up going with the terra grapplers I went with 285’s just to make it look a little better. I haven’t installed them yet I’m hoping that I’ll be as satisfied as you were with the ridge grapplers.

View attachment 229945

Awesome! Let us know what it looks like once you got them on. Congrats and look forward to seeing the ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157