Tires??!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jennifer rickard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 stock GMC Yukon SLT with 20 inch wheels 4 x 4 .. It’s time for new tires and I’m really wanting the nitro terra grappler G2s. What’s the biggest size I can do with no modifications(due to my husband saying no‍♀️)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Biggest in diameter, width, or both?

I'm no authority on the matter,, so I can't provide the answer---but I figure you'll get the most accurate answer from those who know if you are clear on exactly what you're looking for. :)

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use the tire size calculator on line and a tape measure to get the answer. Enter your size then you can play with taller or wider in comparison to what you have now.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think long and hard about changing your tires size. You will change the dynamics of your car. The way it drives, stops, alignment and noise levels will all change. I think you’re better off staying with a tire/rim size Combo offered by gm. They won’t rub when turning etc etc. try to find a tire that does what you want and a size that’s comparable to what’s on your truck now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 stock GMC Yukon SLT with 20 inch wheels 4 x 4 .. It’s time for new tires and I’m really wanting the nitro terra grappler G2s. What’s the biggest size I can do with no modifications(due to my husband saying no‍♀️)

Hey fellas, didn't someone recently put on 285-60-20s recently? Anyone remember that or am I mistaken?

Welcome to the forum Jennifer!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re right James. After a long discussion he did.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon XL Denali with no leveling or lift, and while it is not the same year and body generation as yours, I bought it used with 275/60x20 tires with no rubbing issues. I recently upgraded the tires to 305/50x20, and while the clearances have reduced greatly at near full turns of the steering wheel, there is still no rubbing.

Hope that this is helpful to you.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another member not with a 2015, but I’m running 20s on 2006 Denali xl. When I first stepped up to 20s from stock 17s, I opted for the stock 275/55 series tires. Ride was Not too bad. And handling was ok. But when it was time to replace, I wanted meatier tires. I stepped up to a 275/60 series tire, which is about an inch taller than the sidewall, than stock 55 series tire. And I absolutely love it. It rides much more planted through the corners and incredibly smooth. I had an alignment done after I scored a set of virtually brand new nitto dura grapplers from Craigslist. I have not had any issues with the bigger tire option as @Blueinterceptor mentioned above^. My truck rides on completely stock suspension and height. I have a little close clearance up front but have zero rubbing. Tires fit just right in my wheel wells. Road noise is normal for my rig and there’s no issues with stopping either. I wouldn’t go any taller than this setup as I think this is a great setup, and see no reason to go wider than a 275, however a lot of guys on here ride wider than stock. And that’s fine. Been running this setup about a year and half ago and have no plans to go back as it hasn’t caused any issues.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of 275/60/20 on an 07 suburban and had no rubbing 95% of the time but there were those few times that the suspension got put through its paces. Off-roading or potholes in a curve. Those times I did experience some very minor rubbing on the plastic. The burb did not align right I absolutely loved the wrangler at tires. I loved the look, how the drove, and how they worked. But I never bought them again.
The back tires will never rub, the front tires will be at the mercy of the front suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts