Tires..It's gonna come faster than you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Got y’all on the winter tires. They do wear quickly. The set I bought last year were used had 5/32nds on them when I got them. Measured them this morning 2-3/32nds in roughly 5000 miles.

My thought is for that wear is it worth the Blizzack’s or on/off-road tires with the 3 mountain peak usage like General grabber atm’s?

The ride happened so fast I really didn’t know what the hell happened. I also think I passed out for a few moments. I remember seeing the car at my door cursing, as it was happening, spinning crunching and stopping. When the bystanders got to the car I don’t remember them pulling the door open and glass off of me.

One of the bystanders is an Allentown firewomen. I thank all of you guys in the line of duty. She kept me calm, applied all the pressure and bandaging to my arm kept me seated until they boarded me out of the car. Another person found my wallet and cell phone under one of the parked cars and brought to the police department hours after the crash. I mention this cause where this happened isn’t the best end of town. All People come together when someone else is hurt no matter who you are. I firmly believe this now.

These cars/trucksand their passenger safety zones are incredible!

I hate to say it but if it was my 79 Seville I don’t think I would of fared as well.

That & the big G up above was watching!
Glad you made it out ok. The 79 Seville is all solid steel.

Bandit-66

Reaction score
We drive here very much the

Yokohama Geolander AT G015

and are very satisfied with it in winter

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No tire thread would be complete without mentioning Goodyear Duratracs - if you can tolerate a little rumble.
For sure! Ran a set for 5 years. Went most places in 2wd. In 4wd bumper deep snow was no problem! They were phenomenal tires. The noise was just their way of letting you know they were there when needed.

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No tire thread would be complete without mentioning Goodyear Duratracs - if you can tolerate a little rumble.

yup after the 2.5 year mark i had to get rid of them do to noise and vibration haha. But they were amazing in the winter here (see avatar photo)

nokian rotiiva at would be my go to AT tire if i wouldnt have lowered the truck. Im going with the nokian wr g4 all seasons now.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup after the 2.5 year mark i had to get rid of them do to noise and vibration haha. But they were amazing in the winter here (see avatar photo)

nokian rotiiva at would be my go to AT tire if i wouldnt have lowered the truck. Im going with the nokian wr g4 all seasons now.
I've heard nothing but good things about Nokian tires in winter - some say they are the best! The guy in this video went with the Nokian Nordman tires - I wonder if he is on this forum??

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65