Tire Sensors - TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am hoping you all have some experience in finding less expensive sensors as mine might be shot. When I go to program/re-learn the system, the first tire (Drivers side front) will register, but the front passenger side does not, so the learning program times out. I don't know if I only have one bad/dead one, or three.
I know these things are not cheap from the dealer, so has anyone found a vendor/source that is more reasonably priced?

`

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I returned the message via email.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

To anyone with the knowledge;

How do you determine which ones are bad if the 2nd one in the system reprogramming cycle does not work? I'd hate to just replace that one to find out if the others beyond it are good or bad.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Anyone ever try these sold on ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151089670957?item=151089670957&frommaketrack=true&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

`

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you search eBay you can find new GM sensors fo 25- 35 each. I had win two auctions, but I around $110 for a oem set of four.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we sell them brand new for $130/set shipped.

We are a vendor here as well.

Are you self-programming these or is the dealer doing it? If you are self-programming, I'd recommend seeing if the dealer can do it for you. That way you are guaranteed to know if the sensor is bad.

The sensors have a shelf life of roughly 7-8 years, so it could also be that your sensors are toast.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be self programming. It looks pretty simple to me, if not time consuming if you have to repeat the process.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we sell them brand new for $130/set shipped.

We are a vendor here as well.

Are you self-programming these or is the dealer doing it? If you are self-programming, I'd recommend seeing if the dealer can do it for you. That way you are guaranteed to know if the sensor is bad.

The sensors have a shelf life of roughly 7-8 years, so it could also be that your sensors are toast.

While I am happy to support a forum vendor, can you give me an answer(can be via PM if you prefer) as to the difference between yours for $130(maybe with tax), vs. the ones I linked from ebay for $95 with no tax?

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short of advice from someone soon saying they are not good, I think I will be trying the ebay sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts