Tire Pressure Monitor Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carmeldude

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The Tire Pressure idiot light is on all the time in our '06 Yukon.

The tire pressure in all the tires is fine.

Is there a way to get rid of this light without spending a lot of money at the dealership? I am out of warranty.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there the stock tire pressure sensors in there, if not you may have to re-sync the sensors in the tires with the truck, unless you have faulty sensors or if they are aftermarket rims, you may not have the sensors in there at all.
There is no cheap way to do get rid of the alert that I kno of , i just learned to live with it and check the pressure regularly, but the relearn can be done with either a TPS relearn tool which is essentially a magnet with blinking lights or I've heard of people just using a moderately strong magnet

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the DIC? If you do you should be able to see what the each tire is reporting. Might try resetting them. There are instructions in the manual for how to do it with out the tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211