Tinted windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shunto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best advice on windshield tint is don't tint it...you WILL get pulled over and you WILL get a ticket, ask me how I know lol

I have since removed the windshield tint and replaced it with Lumar windshield tint, it blocks direct sun glare during the day(no more pulling down the sun visor) and those inconsiderate drivers who use high beams at night. The best part is during the summer it keeps the inside of your car/truck nice and cool

We have those types here in NY too... Folks too damn ghetto to replace their headlights when one blows- so they ride around with the beams on... Here in NY they(authorities) hate Tint...

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have those types here in NY too... Folks too damn ghetto to replace their headlights when one blows- so they ride around with the beams on... Here in NY they(authorities) hate Tint...
I used to ride around with my buddy in his jeep. He had a switch to turn on his highs, fogs, and 2 massive offroad led's. People cut the shit real quick.

1992rs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 50% on the whole windshield along with 15% on the fronts and 30% on the rest. It's formula one pinnacle, which is the same as llumar ceramic but with a different warranty. I got it because on-coming headlights would strain my eyes on the backroads.

Zero problems with the law for the 7 months I've had it and that's with my plate in the windshield, which that in itself is reason to get pulled over. The cops here don't really hassle people for that type of stuff unless your a ricer.

As far as visibility goes, No real loss of visibility but make sure your comfortable with your headlight output before you do it. My headlights always seem to cut off before I would like them too and now with the tint anything above the cutoff is darker but still visible.

Moral of the story: love it, no regrets, will do on every car I get that has good headlights, I feel like I'm in fishbowl in other cars without windshield tint, but would only recommend if your comfortable with your headlights depth.

fc5d305846a15ec0ec26f7c8f54fecbe.jpge6229247779bad4e806686a037e813db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
35% on windshield, 5% fronts, 5% over factory everywhere else. 2nd vehicle like this and will keep doing it since I love it....

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you guys like 35% tint on windshield? I have 50% and it's pretty decent but I wouldn't mind going a little darker if it's not so hard to see out at night, and does it look super dark from the outside? It's super illegal where I live I have 20% sides but I have seen cops look at me never pulled over.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of 5%, no tint(window down) and the 35% shield. The windshield is easy to see out of at all times and everyone knows how dark 5% or less is. In this pic you can hardly tell the shield is done
IMG_4372.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz