thunk when auto shifts to second, '99 denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodse

Reaction score
The transmission just started to shift hard between first and second, like a hard thunk. 60,000 original miles.

OP
OP
Woodse

Woodse

Reaction score
Yes, like a prolonged shift. I have been greasing the yoke and finally took a chain saw file to the top of the teeth and it is better but IO wounder if the grease mixed with the tranny oil which may have caused something.

OP
OP
Woodse

Woodse

Reaction score
Throttle position Sensor is relatively cheap going to try it. tries to replace a headlight bulb and one of the two mounting bolts is stripped in the mount. Need to figure that out now.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Throttle position Sensor is relatively cheap going to try it. tries to replace a headlight bulb and one of the two mounting bolts is stripped in the mount. Need to figure that out now.

thought there was more mounting bolts holding the base to the rad support and did you not have two vertical pins that pull out that let the front half come off with out disturbing the base or alignment of assembly?

OP
OP
Woodse

Woodse

Reaction score
Exactly, the two interior pins both stripped. I soaked with WD for a week and both spin free. I have tried spinning with pulling up and un able to get movement. Outer pins come out. need to take off the grill fascia to get at the assembly and maybe grip a nut at the base of the pin.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts