Throttle Body Clean --> gas pedal vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

zzyzx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Success! - vibration is 90% gone. Finally had some time to work on the Tahoe this past weekend. I removed the intake and unbolted the throttle body again, and checked around for any loose connections around the engine and found nothing.

I'm pretty sure I overtightened the TB bolts originally. I got a torque wrench and properly tightened them. I also noticed the TB was sagging a bit on the bolt points. This time I held it in place while retightening rather than let it rest on the bottom bolts. After putting everything back together, the vibration reduced significantly, and after a day or so was pretty much gone. It's still there if you really feel for it, but that's probably just normal.

I don't know if it was the bolts or something else related to taking it all off and putting back on again, but happy that annoyance is gone. Hope this helps anyone else with a related issue. Maybe overtightened bolts, sagging TB, or just jiggling a few things like you know what you're doing and put it all back together. Worked for me.

OP
OP
Z

zzyzx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put in my old intake and the same thing happened to me. I didn't touch the throttle body though.

Makes me wonder if just reattaching the intake did it and nothing to do with the throttle body. Very possible.

KenC58

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am confused how tb problems would cause vibration in gas pedal which is electric. I have just developed vibration through gas pedal when under easy acceleration, typically at 35/40 mph.
2wd 2004 GMC Sierra. No symptoms in park/idle.
Feels like a cell phone on vibrate through my foot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am confused how tb problems would cause vibration in gas pedal which is electric. I have just developed vibration through gas pedal when under easy acceleration, typically at 35/40 mph.
2wd 2004 GMC Sierra. No symptoms in park/idle.
Feels like a cell phone on vibrate through my foot.
highly unlikely to have anything to do with the throttle body-unless it was still dirty and causing some issue at certain rpm's therefore causing the vibrations felt in the pedal, could also be a dirty maf, dirty air filter, air sucking in the intake somewhere, or being in need of a tune-up, bad motor mount/s.
anything felt in the pedal is just like a rectifier feedback, the pedal is going to be stagnant otherwise it has no part in it that would make it vibrate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman