throttle and TC unlocking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. normally id tear into it myself, but i dont have the space or time at this point. just evaluating if its worth the repair at this point.
Any chance you can make the time?

You don’t need a ton of special tools, just a clutch spring compressor tool, sizing tool for sealing rings on the input shaft (hose clamp with the pump stator itself works well, TorxPlus 50 socket for the bell housing-case bolts, torque wrenches, holding fixture and either engine stand or sturdy bench plus an air compressor for air checks. You will need to change the bushings but a shop can do that for you for maybe $100-150 or so (or you can buy the bushing driver set but they are somewhat pricey).

If you do decide to make a go of it, I’d gladly help you out. Figure to spend $600-700 on parts and 2-3 days or so to rebuild it.

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can make the time?

You don’t need a ton of special tools, just a clutch spring compressor tool, sizing tool for sealing rings on the input shaft (hose clamp with the pump stator itself works well, TorxPlus 50 socket for the bell housing-case bolts, torque wrenches, holding fixture and either engine stand or sturdy bench plus an air compressor for air checks. You will need to change the bushings but a shop can do that for you for maybe $100-150 or so (or you can buy the bushing driver set but they are somewhat pricey).

If you do decide to make a go of it, I’d gladly help you out. Figure to spend $600-700 on parts and 2-3 days or so to rebuild it.
I don't suppose you could help me with a 4L80E, could you? :angels25:

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose you could help me with a 4L80E, could you? :angels25:
Sure, would be happy to help...Check out my 4L80E build on Youtube....If you just need to rebuild yours stock or for mild performance, you can disregard some of the mods I do to the direct drum (.065 bleed hole and high rate return springs). I also have a video on 4L80E lube mods that I do on every build as well as individual videos on bushing installation, pump clearance checks, rollerizing the rear of the case and more...let me know (or PM me) if you need any more info or assistance with your build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33