Three Carseats - 2022 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cop35758

Reaction score
Good evening all!

My wife and I are in the market for a Yukon XL. We will have 3 car seats (4 year old, 2 year old, and the 3rd is due in June). Has anyone been able to fit 3 car seats across on the second row bench? We figured the bench would be easier than bucket seats and having to always crawl in the 3rd row.

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4 & 40lb they can use a booster, in CA anyway and usually all the other states follow along
I would imagine if they are not all Britax then you could maybe squeeze them in

LekGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was a heated debate for a long time with my wife and I. I too thought 3 across made the most sense. My wife wanted bucket seats. So guess what…we got bucket seats ….although with the agreement that she would be the one climbing in the back to strap our oldest in.

I will say, we have rented tahoes that had the bench and all 3 of ours had to fit across. They fought a lot in that configuration. Constant crying that he’s touching me, she took my “blank”. If your oldest is 4, then you’re at the same point we are…the oldest will very soon be buckling themselves in and/in a booster seat. After trying both, I would say captain chairs is my choice just to give each their own space.

Oh, and to answer your main question…yes, you can get 3 seats to fit across. Pretty much all seats will work unless it’s some monster wide thing. Our normal seats fit fine 3 across

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a heated debate for a long time with my wife and I. I too thought 3 across made the most sense. My wife wanted bucket seats. So guess what…we got bucket seats ….although with the agreement that she would be the one climbing in the back to strap our oldest in.

I will say, we have rented tahoes that had the bench and all 3 of ours had to fit across. They fought a lot in that configuration. Constant crying that he’s touching me, she took my “blank”. If your oldest is 4, then you’re at the same point we are…the oldest will very soon be buckling themselves in and/in a booster seat. After trying both, I would say captain chairs is my choice just to give each their own space.

Oh, and to answer your main question…yes, you can get 3 seats to fit across. Pretty much all seats will work unless it’s some monster wide thing. Our normal seats fit fine 3 across
part of the reason I chose captains seats as well, 5 kids been there done that.....

Campingfamco

Reaction score
I fit three car seats in the second row of a Jeep Wrangler unlimited no problem. These trucks are even bigger so it shouldn’t be an issue. Be sure you pick the right size car seats though. Some of them come wide and that makes it harder, but you should have any problem.

SerialNo1

Reaction score
Good evening all!

My wife and I are in the market for a Yukon XL. We will have 3 car seats (4 year old, 2 year old, and the 3rd is due in June). Has anyone been able to fit 3 car seats across on the second row bench? We figured the bench would be easier than bucket seats and having to always crawl in the 3rd row.

Thanks!
We ordered a yukon and specifically got the captains chair. We are in the same boat; a 5yo, 3yo, and our 3rd is due in July. We were going to have the new baby in the back as the clip in car seats are easy to get in and out and have our older ones in the captains chairs. In test driving the yukon and putting the car seats in, it doesn't seem like it will be an issue in that configuration. Also, once the kids are older and out of car seats, the captains chairs will be the most beneficial for hauling people around.

OP
OP
C

Cop35758

Reaction score
Can the 2nd row bench seats move forward like the bucket seats can which allow you to get in the 3rd row even when car seats are installed on the second row?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can the 2nd row bench seats move forward like the bucket seats can which allow you to get in the 3rd row even when car seats are installed on the second row?

Looks like you can fold them forward too. They are made so you can flip the second row forward to enter the third row without squeezing between the seats; even on previous generations.

the understudy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We ordered a yukon and specifically got the captains chair. We are in the same boat; a 5yo, 3yo, and our 3rd is due in July. We were going to have the new baby in the back as the clip in car seats are easy to get in and out and have our older ones in the captains chairs. In test driving the yukon and putting the car seats in, it doesn't seem like it will be an issue in that configuration. Also, once the kids are older and out of car seats, the captains chairs will be the most beneficial for hauling people around.
You may want to double-check, but my 21' Suburban DOES NOT have lower anchors in the 3rd row for a car seat base. Can only use the seat belt plus the tether anchor in the cargo area, which obviously isn't an option with a car seat base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo