Thoughts on my 2020 Tahoe LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just returned from the dealer after receiving my first (freebie) oil change and thought I'd pass on a few notes about my Tahoe in case anyone reading was interested in buying one. A little background; I had bought a new 2017 Tahoe LS but traded it after a year on a 2019 Challenger Widebody. After driving that for over a year I really missed the practicality of my Tahoe and decided I'd better jump if I wanted the last of the shorter, solid rear axle variety. Picked up my Tahoe last May and now have about 4800 miles on it (I have a Dodge truck and a 74 bug too so not too many miles).
The things I like about my Tahoe include the surprisingly good gas mileage on the highway; if Im driving about 70-75 mph I have averaged 26 mpg and I think that is kindof amazing for such a big vehicle. My Tahoe comes with the 18 inch wheels so there is a pretty high sidewall on the tires and it rides very smooth. I also dig how the infotainment will mirror my phone in Android as well with no issues.
One of the things I really dont dig too much is the size of the driver seat and the position it sits. I really would have preferred the front bench with the flip down armrest but no dealer had any of those in stock. I just wish the center console in mine was just an inch or so more narrow to allow a wider front seat. Its not tiny or anything but I wish it was the same as my 05 Dodge truck. All in all, Im very happy with my purchase; it has been absolutely trouble free and Im looking forward to owning this one for many years to come.

100cars

Reaction score
Just returned from the dealer after receiving my first (freebie) oil change and thought I'd pass on a few notes about my Tahoe in case anyone reading was interested in buying one. A little background; I had bought a new 2017 Tahoe LS but traded it after a year on a 2019 Challenger Widebody. After driving that for over a year I really missed the practicality of my Tahoe and decided I'd better jump if I wanted the last of the shorter, solid rear axle variety. Picked up my Tahoe last May and now have about 4800 miles on it (I have a Dodge truck and a 74 bug too so not too many miles).
The things I like about my Tahoe include the surprisingly good gas mileage on the highway; if Im driving about 70-75 mph I have averaged 26 mpg and I think that is kindof amazing for such a big vehicle. My Tahoe comes with the 18 inch wheels so there is a pretty high sidewall on the tires and it rides very smooth. I also dig how the infotainment will mirror my phone in Android as well with no issues.
One of the things I really dont dig too much is the size of the driver seat and the position it sits. I really would have preferred the front bench with the flip down armrest but no dealer had any of those in stock. I just wish the center console in mine was just an inch or so more narrow to allow a wider front seat. Its not tiny or anything but I wish it was the same as my 05 Dodge truck. All in all, Im very happy with my purchase; it has been absolutely trouble free and Im looking forward to owning this one for many years to come.

I noticed you posted this in the '21+ foprum. Did you mean your '21?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can concur with the seat width and lack of cushion...just did a 1600 mile round trip and my hips feel it.

overall, very impressed with the ride ( i have 22" wheels and standard suspension on this one), this is our second trip of this mileage with this rig and at a average speed of 81 (calculated by the vehicles on board)...it was showing 17.8 mpg ( says 22 avg overall use at 51K miles).

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you love your LS, I’ve always had a thing for base LS model GM trucks and SUV’s.

I had a 2017 blue Tahoe LS 2wd w/18’s after trading in a 2016 Cruze LS. I absolutely loved it and the wife did too. It was faster than the 6.0 04 Denali we had before while easily getting 25+mpg on the highway trips. The only option i got on it was rubber floor mats and the chrome exhaust tip... it was dead reliable, rode well, quiet and built solid too.

Now I have a ‘19 Burb LT 4x4 on 22’s which is awesome (always been my dream truck) but I do still miss that simple LS Tahoe. Maybe I can convince the wife to let me get the same one again soon haha

0CE5078A-31ED-48B3-807B-765AD28C6F76.jpeg 2228CD76-436A-4F2C-91D4-B5C6A8C6EA63.jpeg

IceIceSilver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I bought my ‘16 LS, in early 2017, there weren’t any bench seat Tahoes in stock anywhere that I could find. I think the buckets & console are fine, and I got a great deal, so…

The only option on my ‘16 was the 20” wheels. I’m waiting for the tires to wear out and I might pick up some 18” takeoffs to get a better ride. I run 17” steelies with my winter tires and I love how it rides on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts