Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jthoske

Reaction score
Beautiful Denali..similar to the one I just picked up. Are your GMC logos OEM? Easy swap out? Looking to do the same.
Yes they are the OEM black badges. I replaced them myself, it was pretty easy. It did destroy the old badges, you have to pry out the red in lay to get at the clips that hold the old one in.

The rear I used a heat gun and fishing line, with tape to protect the chrome, and 3am adhesive remover to clean things up prior to sticking the new ones on.

IMG_1608.jpegIMG_1609.jpegIMG_1610.jpegIMG_1614.jpeg

jthoske

Reaction score
Order placed 3/24 and it's still not been accepted....GMC Yukon Denali...
Mine took exactly 4 months order to pickup in Indianapolis for a white frost tricoat Denali 4WD, Duramax, sunroof, adaptive adaptive control, and black badges.

duckknot

Reaction score
Welp, the honeymoon phase was short.....darn thing threw a check engine light over the weekend with code P2002 and both close GM dealers don't have any availability until mid September to run a diagnostic....luckily it's a soft code and not terribly uncommon in diesels but it's frickin annoying that you buy a $90,000 vehicle that has issues less than a month after buying it and GMC dealer says "well you can leave it with us and we'll get to it when we can....which may be a few weeks".

dtxmm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We're now on month 16 of waiting for our order from a (generally well regarded) dealer in Dallas with no movement. Having a heck of a time finding an alternative dealer nearby who will also honor supplier pricing. Getting the vehicle faster isn't worth giving up the sizable discount to us.

Has anyone had luck with specific dealers in the area honoring supplier pricing?

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
Welp, the honeymoon phase was short.....darn thing threw a check engine light over the weekend with code P2002 and both close GM dealers don't have any availability until mid September to run a diagnostic....luckily it's a soft code and not terribly uncommon in diesels but it's frickin annoying that you buy a $90,000 vehicle that has issues less than a month after buying it and GMC dealer says "well you can leave it with us and we'll get to it when we can....which may be a few weeks".
I would call GM on that one and raise hell. Some how start the lemon law, change per state but they have 30 days or so to fix major issues.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If...

1. My vehicle is under warranty
2. It's stock
3. There was a CEL code associated with rough powertrain operation
4. Dealer told me it would be 1+ months before they are even going to start the diagnose the vehicle...

I'm going to drive it at wide open throttle everywhere and try to grenade the powertrain. If you're going to take that long to fix it, I might as well try to get an entirely new engine.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man... sorry to hear. If you're not noticing poor performance/mpg, then I'd reset the code and see if it comes back. Could be a software anomaly and won't come back after being cleared.

If the code does come back, then I think you can narrow down P2002 to either a problem with the DPF pressure sensors or the DPF itself. Here's some text from a GM TSB on this code for all of the GM diesels.

•P2002 code will set if the properly functioning system detects a cracked or broken DPF. The exhaust particulate sensor is used to diagnose this failure. This code sets when the ECM detects that the particulate filter has degraded beyond a calibrated threshold.

duckknot

Reaction score
Man... sorry to hear. If you're not noticing poor performance/mpg, then I'd reset the code and see if it comes back. Could be a software anomaly and won't come back after being cleared.

If the code does come back, then I think you can narrow down P2002 to either a problem with the DPF pressure sensors or the DPF itself. Here's some text from a GM TSB on this code for all of the GM diesels.

•P2002 code will set if the properly functioning system detects a cracked or broken DPF. The exhaust particulate sensor is used to diagnose this failure. This code sets when the ECM detects that the particulate filter has degraded beyond a calibrated threshold.

It happens, with all the bells and whistles on these things it's actually fairly impressive things like this don't happen more often!

I am going to clear the code tonight and see what it does, we have been driving it the last couple days without clearing it just to see if it corrected itself. And I'm not overly concerned as there has been no noticeable difference in performance or mileage. So hopefully clearing the code corrects it and the appointment I scheduled at dealership next month will line up with it's first oil change and such!

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happens, with all the bells and whistles on these things it's actually fairly impressive things like this don't happen more often!

I am going to clear the code tonight and see what it does, we have been driving it the last couple days without clearing it just to see if it corrected itself. And I'm not overly concerned as there has been no noticeable difference in performance or mileage. So hopefully clearing the code corrects it and the appointment I scheduled at dealership next month will line up with it's first oil change and such!

So you're going to clear the code yourself before the dealership gets a chance to diagnose it? If the car is under warranty, I wouldn't do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881