Third row seat stuck!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darth_flannel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2017 Yukon XL Denali. Great car, I love the ride.

Earlier tonight I lowered the third row passenger side seat down by pushing the button. It went most of the way down... and stopped. Now it won't budge up or down. It responds to the button by shuddering a little when the raise/lower button is pressed, but that's it. I can't move it at all by hand.

Any ideas????

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seatbelt shoulder strap or something else causing binding issues, maybe?

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is still under warranty I would take it to the local GMC dealer.

OP
OP
D

darth_flannel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
UPDATE: took it to the dealer. Says it was a problem with the actuator that pulls the cables. Replacement ordered, apparently it's a part to be ordered from a vendor. Meanwhile they pried the seat open and told me not to lower it until they get the part...

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2017 Yukon XL Denali. Great car, I love the ride.

Earlier tonight I lowered the third row passenger side seat down by pushing the button. It went most of the way down... and stopped. Now it won't budge up or down. It responds to the button by shuddering a little when the raise/lower button is pressed, but that's it. I can't move it at all by hand.

Any ideas????

No ideas but one of my fears with these trucks. After 7 years you’ll only have the option of what the seats position is stuck in

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf