Third Row Seat Raising/Lowering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lky1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 22 Tahoe Z71 with captain chairs. I noticed that I cannot raise or lower the third row seats fully if the captain chairs are pushed all the way back. I have to move them forward to adjust the third row. Is this normal? It seems like a strange design choice.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 22 Tahoe Z71 with captain chairs. I noticed that I cannot raise or lower the third row seats fully if the captain chairs are pushed all the way back. I have to move them forward to adjust the third row. Is this normal? It seems like a strange design choice.
Its normal. Last generation was same way (if seats were reclined). At least the 3rd row headrests automatically fold now...that is a big improvement.

OP
OP
L

lky1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Its normal. Last generation was same way (if seats were reclined). At least the 3rd row headrests automatically fold now...that is a big improvement.
Thanks for the response. I'm coming from a 2019 Expedition which did not have this issue so I was a little confused.

yukon-xl

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Suburban RST with 3nd row bench seat and 3rd row power reclining seats. When my 2nd row is pushed all the way back, I am able to fold and unfold my 3rd row, even when the 2nd row seat is reclined to 4th slot position (2nd row has about 10 small reclining positions, and when 2nd row is on 5th reclining slot, the 3rd row does not have enough space to fold/unfold) So the 3rd row does not fold when the seat is pushed all the way back and reclined to 5th position or more. Hope that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy