Now at FIVE AC system failures in four weeks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lonny

Reaction score
Back at the house now with yet another rental car. Unfortunately my "appointment" at the GMC/Cadillac dealership was nothing more than an opportunity to drop off the Denali after speaking with someone from the service desk for five minutes to explain the problem. Apparently it's going to take them at least a day or two before they can even look at the thing.

Interestingly, the service manager did mention to me that there are certain components associated with the AC system that require the entire front end to be removed and taken apart - a job that take days and will cost something like $5,000. Fortunately my warranty will cover it, but it could explain why the previous service guys were apprehensive about digging into the problem further than a condenser or compressor.

OP
OP
L

Lonny

Reaction score
Hi team -

Just heard back from the GMC dealership with the diagnosis: they discovered that the connector hoses are leaking. It's a $3,000 job that will fortunately be covered by warranty. I should have some more information later from them today or tomorrow.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The condenser is up front and to my knowledge, that does not require "entire front end removal". Maybe someone with info on newer rigs can chime in.
On the Yukon 900s we have to pull the bumper cover to get at the condenser. It only adds a few hours labor to the job when doing it at a shop.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Several of us have either picked crud in the system or low refrigerant. Knowing pressures each time there was a problem, would have helped but getting info from shops can be like pulling teeth sometimes.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
Hi team -

Just heard back from the GMC dealership with the diagnosis: they discovered that the connector hoses are leaking. It's a $3,000 job that will fortunately be covered by warranty. I should have some more information later from them today or tomorrow.
Any update here? I am anxious to hear what the findings and resolution was.

OP
OP
L

Lonny

Reaction score
Any update here? I am anxious to hear what the findings and resolution was.

Well, the good news is that we're approximately five days back from the dealership and everything appears to be working, FINALLY! The hoses appear to have been the culprit. It's disappointing that the other repair shop wasn't able to sniff this out when they were replacing condensers and compressors. Hopefully this is the fix we need. In about two months we'll be into the hottest weather of the year here in Southern California so that will be the real test of the system.

This whole situation has been a good test of the extended warranty I got when I bought the Denali. Aside from the two $250 deductibles I had to pay out of pocket, they've covered everything throughout this nightmare and I just got reimbursed last night for my five rental cars.

It's also forced me to dig into the warranty to understand transferability, the expiration timeline, and my "fleet replacement" plan. The warranty coverage will be in place through December 2026, so my game plan is to keep the Denali through Q4 2025 while it still has a full year of coverage in place.

I started looking at the newly refreshed 2025s these past few days. Kind of amazing that the new 2025 Suburban and Tahoe are going to have Escalade-esque interiors and touchscreens! In my mind it kind of devalues the appeal of the pre-refresh 2024 Denalis. Much to consider in looking at the options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts