thinking of buying an 09 yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll have to mess around for the video then. And as for the engine I asked the salesman I’ve been talking to and he said the engine did not meet their standards and they were replacing it with a new engine. I assumed it was for a lifter issue but I don’t know exactly what the reason was. And the carfax had regular maintenance done. And they were going to do a factory gm crate motor but it’s ok national backorder so they are putting in a jasper engine so I’m assuming (again) it’s a remain’d engine but has a 3yr/100k warranty
Jasper engines are hit and miss but they're probably the largest national rebuilder, and having a warranty on it is a plus. I'd personally be fine with that.

If there is any way to negotiate with them and have them put a new torque converter behind that engine in exchange for some more money up front, it would prevent the biggest reason why the 6L80 transmission fails in these. You'd be good as new at that point.

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Well they’re putting a new torque converter in and replacing the rear shocks so it’s going to have 3 of the major components replaced and everything else checked. Supposedly the engine was finished yesterday and they’re putting the shocks on on Tuesday (they’re closed on Monday) so it should be ready to pick up Wednesday. I’ll post pictures and update whenever I go get it!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh my goodness Chug! That dealer rocks. Apparently they’re taking care of the friendly neighborhood Honda dealer.

Start shopping for range disablers to turn off the AFM and you’re all set. Dual DVD screens. I’m pretty sure I see ventilated front seats up front. It also looks like you got the HDD version of the Navi that has a built in hard drive for music & better memory based Navi unit.

If it is the HDD unit you can add a $69 A2DP accessory that allows music & audio steaming integrated in with the existing BT for phone controlled by the steering wheel. 5 minute install behind the glovebox. The only weak spot is the headlamps. Consider warming them up, removing the lens and implanting a modem HID or LED projector lens set up. Aftermarket replacement units still underperform.

Is that DWT / diamond white tricoat paint? If so, no clear coat peeling for you. It appears as though you got a debadged Escalade. Nice find and njoy the nap wagon.

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
Ya she’s really nice! I got her yesterday and drove it 3 hours back home. They replaced the engine, torque converter, rear shocks and compressor, oil and trans cooler lines, plugs and wires, and rear brake pads and rotors. It’s pretty much a rebuilt Yukon at this point lol and I’ll have to check out the Navi some more I haven’t really messed with it too much

Will definitely have to check some threads on the forum to see what all I can get into lol I’ll post more in depth pictures tomorrow

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I just ran into a cure for the weak headlamps as well as an upgrade. I can’t believe no one has these yet.

* Plug n play harness
* 5 year warr
* LED running lamp bar
* Bi LED morimoto headlamp
* DOT legal so no blinding oncoming traffic.

These are especially good for black trucks. The OEM headlamps are so weak that dark colored Yukon are almost invisible.

F8749D2C-3726-4675-A79C-DF2A7538D822.jpeg

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya she’s really nice! I got her yesterday and drove it 3 hours back home. They replaced the engine, torque converter, rear shocks and compressor, oil and trans cooler lines, plugs and wires, and rear brake pads and rotors. It’s pretty much a rebuilt Yukon at this point lol and I’ll have to check out the Navi some more I haven’t really messed with it too much

Will definitely have to check some threads on the forum to see what all I can get into lol I’ll post more in depth pictures tomorrow
Glad it finally worked out for you. It sounds like you found a stand-up dealership. Enjoy the pretty ride, looks good!

Wing Bucket

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh my goodness Chug! That dealer rocks. Apparently they’re taking care of the friendly neighborhood Honda dealer.

Start shopping for range disablers to turn off the AFM and you’re all set. Dual DVD screens. I’m pretty sure I see ventilated front seats up front. It also looks like you got the HDD version of the Navi that has a built in hard drive for music & better memory based Navi unit.

If it is the HDD unit you can add a $69 A2DP accessory that allows music & audio steaming integrated in with the existing BT for phone controlled by the steering wheel. 5 minute install behind the glovebox. The only weak spot is the headlamps. Consider warming them up, removing the lens and implanting a modem HID or LED projector lens set up. Aftermarket replacement units still underperform.

Is that DWT / diamond white tricoat paint? If so, no clear coat peeling for you. It appears as though you got a debadged Escalade. Nice find and njoy the nap wagon.
Looks great Chughart! Sounds like a good find.

@petethepug Can you tell us how to confirm whether the navigation is the HDD version? I’d like to check mine out too as it looks similar. Music and audio streaming would be great to add.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You did extremely well getting your Yukon at this dealer! I am sure their service is excellent as well.

Please post the name of this awesome dealer as other members here [including myself] might want to check that dealer out when in need of a vehicle for themself or a member of their family. I am sure other members here drive though Virginia [I do several times a year] to get to their final destination on a road trips.

Thank you!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did extremely well getting your Yukon at this dealer! I am sure their service is excellent as well.

Please post the name of this awesome dealer as other members here [including myself] might want to check that dealer out when in need of a vehicle for themself or a member of their family. I am sure other members here drive though Virginia [I do several times a year] to get to their final destination on a road trip.

Thank you!
+1! I *live* in Virginia and would do business with them for sure!

OP
OP
C

Chughart

Reaction score
It was Rick Hendricks city Chevrolet in Charlotte North Carolina! They were awesome and very patient as I asked a ton of questions and was borderline a pain in the ass lol.

I did find an oil leak that appears to be coming from the plug (oil temp sensor location???) that’s on the passenger side of the oil pan about half way up. Going to pull it and seal it up and see if the leak goes away. Put it on the lift at work and checked everything and sprayed it off and added oil dye to check with a uv light to see where it’s coming from.

I also went to open the rear glass and one of the defrost contacts came off the defrost grid so if anyone has any solution for that that would be great lol

As for the headlights, those things are nice but a bit pricey. I had a set of LED headlight bulbs in my Tahoe that made a night and day different when driving at night. I may buy another pair of those to brighten the night driving a little

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne