There are just some days I wish I didn't turn wrenches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This happened today at my friends shop, close to where I live. Was dumping oil from the oil caddy to a storage tank and was under air pressure. got an air pocket and burped hard and the hose came loose at the tank and about 2-3 gallons of oil came out all over, as you can see. The truck in the background, is a shop truck. Fun times......

IMG_20240201_172050.jpg

Jocko PDX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened today at my friends shop, close to where I live. Was dumping oil from the oil caddy to a storage tank and was under air pressure. got an air pocket and burped hard and the hose came loose at the tank and about 2-3 gallons of oil came out all over, as you can see. The truck in the background, is a shop truck. Fun times......

View attachment 420458
I had a similar thing happen once while changing the oil on my 76 Ford pickup.. Apparently I did not screw the oil filter on properly and blew all 6-7 quarts of oil out on my shop floor... ugh

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I told the guy that owns the shop in a bad part of town, that I will turn down the job because I don't want my tools there. Turns out he has another shop in another better part of town, that is an old 2 bay service station. I said, Ok, I will go by there and check it out. It is a big NO GO because he still has 2 in ground lifts. Too bad, because the shop had a big lot and was in a better part of the town.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Headliners are a pita.
At least on this one, It was pretty straight forward. I expected to fight to get out and back in with the ext cab no rear doors problem. One person can do the out and in but with two people, it was easy. On a 34 year old truck, I had to deal with a couple broken clips but the upholstery friend of mine had fixes for both. Next is the transmission cooling lines replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John_E_Ringo