Theft Prevention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello-
Some thieves tried to steal my Yukon Monday night and did about 2k in damages to the truck. Fortunately they were unable to get it started after all their effort. Once I get this back from the shop I am going to add an alarm system and fuel cut off switch. Any recommendations on an alarm system? I used to install Clifford back in the day but looks like they are not around any more. Also if anyone has a schematic for the fuel pump wiring that would be great, having trouble finding one.

1998 GMC Yukon 4 Door. 5.7 Liter

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jimmy Jammers. not sure if they make them for your truck, but for the NBS tahoes you can get then for every single handle on the truck for around $120. not going to 100% prevent theft but can certainly help.

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I looked at those. Not sure the value is there on those for me at 120 bucks a pop. The chumps couldn't get my doors open as it was and just broke out the rear quarter panel window and used the unlock button on the back column. I disconnected the driver door and rear hatch rods that unlock the doors to slow them down.

Danzigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt, you are full of good ideas. I just ordered the hood latch protector. If I like it I will probably get the full set. Do you use them? How was the in door install?

oakrdrs187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Viper is king for alarms. Check out the new SmartStart gear that goes through your phone, since its GPS enabled it also works like a lo-jack.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Best thing is Full coverage from your insurance. Personally i have Compustar with Drone that sends alerts right to my phone. It lets me know if alarm is triggered, doors unlocked, Truck has left a digital fence and even lets me know if my trucks engine has been turned on. I can track it like low jack from a phone or pc as well. Did i mention i an receive or send commands from my phone from anywhere in the world as long as i have cell service?

OP
OP
G

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great, thank you for the advice. I will check these out. Full coverage is on it but an alarm will be some extra piece of mind. Anyone know where the power line for the fuel pump is accessible in the engine bay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali

Latest posts