The Unthinkable Happened Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold my 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2 today. :eek:

Well, I had a discussion with a young man about selling the Tahoe and we agreed on a price that made me consider selling her then after I met him, I was convinced that "Goldie" would go to a good home.

I had a lot of fun with this hot rod Tahoe but it was time to let her go to someone else who would appreciate the truck.

Now I am going to play with my 66 C20 pickup and just be retired..

I will still be on this site as I have the 2018 LS for my daily driver..

Thanks,

Thirdcoast

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.... lol

Would have loved to have it myself... if I'm not being too nosey... could I ask what you let her go for?

Last edited:

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're a bigger man than I, I could NEVER let go of my 09 6.2 LTZ Tahoe, lol. Being one of less then 600 left, I will keep this until I can't buy replacement parts for it anymore, lol. If I were ever to trade it in (almost better chance of winning the lottery) I'd get the new expedition. The ONlY reason why is the independent rear axle and fold seats into the floor

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an 09 6.2 LTZ last Wednesday. Knew they were rare, but not 1 of 600 rare. I love it.

I have read, and also a member on here say there were 620 total 09 Tahoe's that came with the L9H. I believe it, because if you shop on cars.com or any vehicle finder, there's usually only 1 or none available to buy.

I have had my L9H Tahoe for a little over a year and I still stare at it when it's parked, and I find any excuse to take a longer route to go somewhere.

Do you have any pictures of it to share?

Cyclemoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I sold my 2009 Tahoe LTZ 6.2 today. :eek:

Well, I had a discussion with a young man about selling the Tahoe and we agreed on a price that made me consider selling her then after I met him, I was convinced that "Goldie" would go to a good home.

I had a lot of fun with this hot rod Tahoe but it was time to let her go to someone else who would appreciate the truck.

Now I am going to play with my 66 C20 pickup and just be retired..

I will still be on this site as I have the 2018 LS for my daily driver..

Thanks,

Thirdcoast
Next time you’re in SA, stop by the shop and see me

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of it to share?
IMG_9810.JPG
This is the only picture I have of it right now. Needs some work done to it. I took the bug deflector off and plan on taking the running boards off as well, issue is I have no place to put them when I take them off. Has a small dent in the front passenger door and needs a new dash; I plan on taking care of both of those issues soon. Otherwise it's a pretty clean truck. Has about 170k on the clock and I paid $16k for it. Regarding availability: yes these trucks are very hard to find. I'd been looking for a new vehicle for a while and was set on getting an early 200-series Land Cruiser (those are pretty hard to find too) when one night I found this Tahoe not 6 miles from where I live. The only other L9H Tahoes I'd found on Autotrader were 700 miles away in Texas and one 400 miles away in Florida. I knew the truck wouldn't last long on the lot so I went and bought it the next day. I love it. The 6.2 is so smooth, has a great sound, and has power everywhere in the rev range. The flip side to that coin is that I'm averaging about 12 mpg (can't keep my foot out of it). But yeah, I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157