The twin hoes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
First running board mod. Can’t return em now!

the open top in places May look cool, but at the rear end, it’s also where the hound steps to get in and out of the cabin. I had visions of a slipping foot, and broken doggie leg. No bueno.

I have an aluminum sheet that was a blank for a road sign. That’ll do for peace of mind.

View attachment 424067

View attachment 424062

View attachment 424066

View attachment 424065
You did a good job. Pleasing to the eyes. Looks like it came that way.

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I really did was get tired of the crappy hood finish. It looked like Daniel-san had done both wax on and wax off with a disc sander.

Before. Yay pretty.

IMG_3643.jpeg

With masking pulled off.

IMG_3665.jpeg

Outside away from bird perches. I think a hood louver will be coming soon. Getting rid of heat like I did on thecopcar.

IMG_3671.jpeg

BacDoc

Reaction score
I bought these.

I had it in for a fuel leak and service, and the Chevy house suggested new ones. They only wanted $4200.
Just started following this thread, awesome! Is this price for running boards? If so you can get powered running boards for less and safer for the dog! AMP Research makes some great powered steps for half that price.

I didn’t read through all the pages (but will) I know these trucks are cop cars but like Blues Brothers, do they have cop motors, cop brakes, cop suspension etc? Lol
Do you have stuff that the civilian buyers can’t get on the Tahoe?

OP
OP
Sparksalot

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just started following this thread, awesome! Is this price for running boards? If so you can get powered running boards for less and safer for the dog! AMP Research makes some great powered steps for half that price.

I didn’t read through all the pages (but will) I know these trucks are cop cars but like Blues Brothers, do they have cop motors, cop brakes, cop suspension etc? Lol
Do you have stuff that the civilian buyers can’t get on the Tahoe?
That price was for the basic plastic running boards. I tried really hard not to laugh. Power running boards aren't my style, so I've never looked into any of them.

For a PPV, the motor and transmission are the same. Some of the programming seems to be different. The brakes and suspension are different, but can be purchased as service parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz