The Tahoe is now a mobile ant farm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got ants in my Tahoe literally how did they get to the inside it must have taken at lest an hour to get from the wheels to the inside

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
There’s no vehicle made airtight enough to keep bugs out. I never eat in mine for that reason. Although sometimes ants will move into a space just looking for a warm or dry shelter.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best way to kill ants anywhere, kills whole nest. They will take it back. 1/2cup sugar, 1.5 tablespoons of Borax and 1.5 cups of warm water. Warm to help de solve sugar, mix and put in jar lids with some cotton balls. Cotton balls are for ant to "stand" on while they feed. It works wonders. takes a couple days because they tell all their friends too! lol

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No vehicle can be made air tight, there has to always be positive air flow. You have vents at the rear of the truck, and intakes at the air cowl.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
glad ive never had this problem but i can definitely see how they would get in. my wife would probably just set the vehicle on fire. all bugs inside are obviously annoying to just about anyone. ants are definitely a trigger for my wife.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it was just the one ant scouting around it did have a crumb in it's mouth

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last spring I had a colony of those big black ants make a nest in my damned boat under the floor. Took months for them to finally get the F out of there. And I take it out several days a week. Didn't bother them they loved it. I finally got so pissed off I stripped half the interior and floor out of the front of it and found the nest hidden in some of the floatation foam and vacuumed it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy