The Rack Basket is on, will install clamps tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it looks more than strong. On my Yukon it could be at least 6-8 inches wider, but it's good as is. The red urethane you can see are water resistant seals to keep most of the water out of the tube clamps and interior of the basket tubes.

2v2JqeWDNxQKds.jpg

2v2JqeWhdxQKds.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since it was cool after a T-storm, I went ahead and installed the clamps that attach the basket to the OEM roof rack. Tomorrow, I'll tighten them all up after I center the basket. Because the bars the clamps ride on on the basket, there's not much positioning left except fore and aft.

All recommendations I've seen are to place the load as close to over the rear axle on our trucks, I've move the basket rearward as far as possible.

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran into the first problem with this installation. The four cap screws that attach the rack to the cross bows on the OEM rack are too long, making them hit the roof. I've contadted the maker to see if they'll ship shorter ones to me.

OP
OP
fastpat

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:
The maker, Tyger Automotive, has never responded, a black mark on their service. I finally found some stainless steel M6 x 60mm button headed screws with the anti-tamper pin. Torx drive, not hex, but they should work. I'll know soon. If they don't work, it's screw cutting time.