The most disappointing news yet, the return of auto start/stop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that this morning lol.

Well, I’ve gotten used to it now and immediately push the button when I’m on my way.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to add this to my routine of shifting to manual and hitting the + four times to bypass AFM. Kind of works in opposite of conveniences. I can think of only one situation where auto stop might be a nice feature, waiting in line at the fast food restaurant and if it were normally off rather than on same with DFM when on highways.

Edlee321

Reaction score
windowsticker.jpg

Thats the only good thing about the 2022 Yukon i received last week, no auto start stop, they removed feature off invoice and gave me $50 credit to boot.

I just hate, hate, hate the new rear seat entertainment which they crippled, when they moved the whole infotainment system to Android Automotive OS, no more USB playback

Last edited:

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any aftermarket options available that disable auto stop/start?

inane222

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a quote from a local dealer on a Tahoe build and to see the return of this is more than disappointing.

You lose the heated steering wheel but gain back auto start / stop. Quote stated anything built after Dec 12th would get it back.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM gonna be making lots of $$ replacing starters down the road after warranties expire on vehicles that have this stupid option. So glad ours did not come with that garbage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645