The Great Wheel Dilemma!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
@George B I haven't searched every thread yet, so you may have mentioned it, but how do you like these tires? Now that you probably got some good time in the snow with them?
Not a fan of them in this size. But ai really think its the size. They are pretty squirmy in that greasy slush that forms on the road. They perform good enough in deep snow and work well on packed snow. Is is always a no go for most tires. For snow I would seriously consider a different set of wheels in 17” and get some dedicated snows.

mtc1328

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I am in Indianapolis, and the slushy stuff and ice is what we get most, aside from a few good snow days here and there. I would be mounting them a 20" rim, which would make a difference.

I found a bunch of great reviews searching a Tacoma forum, but that's clearly a different vehicle. I will continue my research.

Not a fan of them in this size. But ai really think its the size. They are pretty squirmy in that greasy slush that forms on the road. They perform good enough in deep snow and work well on packed snow. Is is always a no go for most tires. For snow I would seriously consider a different set of wheels in 17” and get some dedicated snows.

OP
OP
George B

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thank you for the response. I am in Indianapolis, and the slushy stuff and ice is what we get most, aside from a few good snow days here and there. I would be mounting them a 20" rim, which would make a difference.

I found a bunch of great reviews searching a Tacoma forum, but that's clearly a different vehicle. I will continue my research.
I would expect the 20” version to perform in a similar way to these. I think the width is the issue. Best tires I had in snow were Goodyear Duratrac in 265/75-16. The slush would squish out from under them.

mtc1328

Reaction score
I would expect the 20” version to perform in a similar way to these. I think the width is the issue. Beat tires I had in snow were Goodyear Duratrac in 265/75-16. The slush would squish out from under them.

The Duratracs are also on my list. I've read many good things about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01