The Blazer is BACK baby!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We, us car guys, think of the word Blazer, we see K5s. GM sees the last iteration, those little ones. Save for the Camero with its retro styling, they missed the boat with the GTO and have positioned the new Blazer to be a jacked up Camero as they share many of the same styling cues inside and out.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Give it a new name then. Don't ruin a good one.

Ok.. on second thought it's not a perfect nameplate. The S-10 version wasn't the greatest thing but at least it was built on a truck platform.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I had a 91 and 95 2door S10s and I loved them. Great vehicles imo. Best part was the torquey 4.3.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 91 and 95 2door S10s and I loved them. Great vehicles imo. Best part was the torquey 4.3.
I should say it wasn't the original full size beast everyone was looking for. I never had a Blazer but I did drive every body style of S-10 and they were solid. My favorite was the 4.3in My '99 ZR2 though.

If Chevy was smart they'd take the full size Tahoe, make the grille and front end slightly more aggressive (the pick-up front end would do), lop off a couple of doors, add a removable top, give it a small lift and some off-road goodies and watch them fly out of the showrooms.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM corporate are nothing but pencil pushers & (so called) marketing people. Few are traditional 'car guys&girls'. I found this out during the concept of Corvette 50th Anniversary Edition.

Search 'our version' " 50th Anniversary Corvette / Guldstrand Edition" ( submitted to Chevrolet was a 'historic celebration' in a new 'vette)

.....Now, search "GM's version of the 50th Anniversary Corvette"....
You will see how WHIMPY the GM/ Chevrolet dept is.

Blazer? They never should have wasted that badge on an SUV.

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. They had a real opportunity to make a truly special Vette for the 50th anniversary and instead decided on a few minor updates, a different color and a badging package. Pretty disappointing.

The Guldstrand edition looks cool.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I worked for Dick Guldstrand at his shop in Burbank, during the concept & build of the Signature Edition. Chevrolet balked at the model, but they sanctioned the Dealer "option". 50 ONLY were originally built. ( sold out in a month)....

It was a $45,000 option above the Z06 purchase. ( photo shows my picture of the 1st made, on Dick's home driveway in North Hollywood )
The 427cid engine was built at the Team Corvette racing shop in Michigan.

half size photo 50th front.jpg

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I worked for Dick Guldstrand at his shop in Burbank, during the concept & build of the Signature Edition. Chevrolet balked at the model, but they sanctioned the Dealer "option". 50 ONLY were originally built. ( sold out in a month)....

It was a $45,000 option above the Z06 purchase. ( photo shows my picture of the 1st made, on Dick's home driveway in North Hollywood )
The 427cid engine was built at the Team Corvette racing shop in Michigan.

View attachment 252987

What was done to the Bravada in the background???

Surely a guy who would do that to a Vette must have done something to take advantage of the AWD (same as in the Syclone/Typhoon) in the Bravada.