Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
@05Single Yeah bro I am the same..."ANTI-AMBER"!! Alright I'm going to give it a go and attempt to remove of it!! @Tonyrodz @Thatsquishykid717 @05Single any pointers before I get started? Don't want to melt the lights or ruin them. What's the best product to use to reseal them? Appreciate it guys!!:thumbsup:
Never go above 250 for more than 10 minutes. Lots of videos on YouTube . I use a butter knife and several flat head screwdrivers for prying . Be patient, don’t expect much movement first time around out of the oven. Start on the outside. Use gloves . I use retrorubber . But I’ve used interior/exterior sealant from Home Depot . Black for black and grey for yours because they’re chrome

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Also you can push the amber out and just open the corner of the light just enough to slide the amber reflector out then close it back up and put it the over reusing the same sealant. No need to open them all the way up if you’re not gonna do stuff like paint or strips etc

Thatsquishykid717

Annoying guy with the loud stereo
Reaction score
I agree with @05Single he is a little more ballsy than I am though I just always bake my lights at 170° for 7-10 min at a time. I always use morimoto retro rubber. Used the Home Depot stuff before but didn’t have the best luck with it. I did get lucky with a set of corner lights before I was able to get the amber reflector loose, get some small side cutters in the 194 hole, and cut the amber reflector into small enough pieces for it to fall out. Only tried that on one set though but it worked pretty good

Tukkr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone know a good brand for (black) project headlights for a 2002 Tahoe? There are loads of brands (depo, lumen, ipwc, spyder, anzo etc), but who makes a quality product? I dont mind spending a few $$$. Thank you!

Ambitious02

Reaction score
Alright guys, I did the DRL delete by replacing the DRL socket with another turn signal socket and used LED switchbacks. My drivers side won't flash with the turn signal, but the passenger side is good. The drivers side will flash with the hazards though....rewired that side in case I had a bad solder joint and still nothing...any ideas?

Ambitious02

Reaction score
Anyone know a good brand for (black) project headlights for a 2002 Tahoe? There are loads of brands (depo, lumen, ipwc, spyder, anzo etc), but who makes a quality product? I dont mind spending a few $$$. Thank you!

I think the Depot's would be a good choice!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon