Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KbrTxq4.jpg
I installed Silverstar Ultras maybe 1.5 years ago. The driver side burned out recently. I don't drive the suburban much anymore, especially at night, so I'd be surprised if that bulb had more than 100 hrs of use. Pretty pitiful life.

Put in some LEDs from Amazon as a replacement since they cost the same and claim better brightness. Just put these in an hour ago so no night driving yet, but I'll try to follow up later.

Initial thoughts. They seem well built - lots of aluminum and they feel solid. Install was just as easy as the halogen bulbs. The brightness claim (20,000 lumens) is complete BS - it's laughable. Just staring at them in the day the Silverstar Ultra seem brighter. From an aesthetic perspective, I'm not a fan of the color - it's too blue. Hopefully this doesn't impact visibility. They don't seem to have excessive glare either - no worse than the halogens.

I did find this video helpful. He didn't mention these "Sealight" bulbs I got but the design is adequate, albeit there's no fan (so cooling is limited).

Last edited:

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beam cutoff on those LEDs is pretty good, better than expected. From a quick drive around the block I'd say visibility is considerably better than the old Silverstars. I probably need to aim the headlights as well as I've never done that. Doubt it's possible in my driveway though as it's pretty steep.

LxqMQRv.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts