Tahoe won't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So, if you saw my other thread, I had to relearn the TPM for my Hoe. Well, I went out and did it successfully. But, in the process, I put too much air in the tires. I pushed the little metal pin and the air started releasing, and I go back to the car to see what pressure the front driver's side wheel was reading...and all of these lights were on.

Then a low humming sound took over the garage and the speakers played some weird bass tune...or so it sounded, and then dead. The car won't start. It just clicks and the Service Engine light is the only one that will turn on...of course!

To me, it doesn't seem like a dead battery, because I only left it on without ignition for about 10 minutes to do the TPM reset. That shouldn't have shot my battery.

Ugh. And I have to leave early in the AM! Is there ANYTHING you suggest I try doing? My dad has a charger for these car batteries but I'm kinda scared to mess with any of that on my car.

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Okay I just googled and everything seems to be pointing to a drained battery. I will try a few simple methods to see if it'll catch a charge but if not I'll get my dad to hook up the battery charger ASAP tomorrow.

But again if you guys have any suggestions it would REALLY be appreciated. This sucks.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
Just clicking is your starter silinoid activating, but not enough juice to actually crank it. Your right in the fact that 10 min shouldnt have drained your battery that much, Unless you had music playing and headlights were on, But even then, it shouldnt be that quick. But depending on how old the battery is, it may have been on its way out anyway.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was the battery! I unhooked the cables and went ahead and connected my dad's battery charger to it and set it to "Engine Start"...which said to charge for no more than 12 seconds. So after about 10, I hooked the battery back up and the Hoe cranked, but just barely!

Then my TPM wasn't reading anything, so I went in and did the whole reset procedure again and leveled my PSI's to 32. Fun night.

Thanks for the help RT, I may look into getting a new battery since it drained so fast.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
a 2008 shouldnt be dead that fast, take it to the dealer and see if they can warranty it.

NASTY GM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock battery sucks! I put a Yellow Top Optima in mine and it was one of the best mods I have done to date.

Last edited:

mikeb33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My battery started the Yuke everyday, but if I left something on, or ran the radio for a short while, it would be dead. Dealer warrantied a new battery.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
LOL you would be surprised.

lol no I wouldn't. When usually a batterys life is 3 years or more. Hell I have my stock silverado battery in my MB and its still going, My silverado is an 03, the battery I took out of it was origional, and Its still going. The only way you would drain a battery that fast is if you left something on for a loooooong time, I leave my headlights running for 20 min or so every now and then (but I have to turn them back in in 10 min) So I can see something were working on. Starts up just fine.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my battery died on me 4 times since i had it once i left it at the dealer when they brought it down turned it off put my hazards on and went inside to sign the paper work came bac and ------no start. and we argued that the battery are cheap. been stranded 2 times with that thing. top of your to do list is changed that batt.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
lol no I wouldn't. When usually a batterys life is 3 years or more. Hell I have my stock silverado battery in my MB and its still going, My silverado is an 03, the battery I took out of it was origional, and Its still going. The only way you would drain a battery that fast is if you left something on for a loooooong time, I leave my headlights running for 20 min or so every now and then (but I have to turn them back in in 10 min) So I can see something were working on. Starts up just fine.

I am a GM tech and see a lot of dead batteries on new cars.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali

Latest posts