Tahoe Toyo Open Country AT2 and Daystar Leveling Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eitze

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, brand new to the forum here. I’m sharing a few pics of my Tahoe with a set of Toyo Open Country AT2 tires. I searched far and wide to see what it would look like before I purchased these tires but I couldn't find anything. She’s dirty as hell but you get the idea of what it looks like.

I kept the current rims; I may or may not change them in the future. My Tahoe has a Daystar ComfortRide Leveling Kit that lifted the front 2 inches; however, I’m not 100% pleased with the look. The lift made it perfectly level but I feel like the back is too low and it looks like its sagging sometimes (like when I’m accelerating or if she’s parked on uneven terrain) so I’m going to put a half inch spacer in the back sooner or later.

All in all, I’m very happy with the look. It gives the Tahoe a more beefy look and doesn't really break the bank. The new tires are quite a bit bigger than the stock tires so it may rub VERY LITTLE on the front wheel well from time to time when reversing and cocking the tires hard left or right.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 96

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I'd say leave the rear alone. The fenders may measure the same but to me, the body design still makes it look to have a little rake.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Could always do a 1" spacer in the rear to keep the rake. Looks good otherwise though. Personally, I hate the front being higher than the rear.

14SWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I dont think the back is lower at all, if anything it may be a tad higher still.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoes and Yukons look raked when they are level because of the wheel well gap. If you have the wheel wells the same distance from the tire it will appear level even thought the truck will be higher in the front when measured at the rocker panel... In short, leave it alone.

I'm going TGC 2.5 in the front and at most a 1" in the back to avoid any hint of rake, real or perceived.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done anything yet, just made my decision. Stock tires will be wearing out soon. Going to go with a 305/55/20 or 33x12.5r20.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks good. :welcome:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elepere